IGNORED

Not Worried-Faith

CTRed

As I am sure everyone is aware by now, I am in the US & do not attend games etc so rely on all internet/media (social &otherwise) for information. This being said, as comical as the Coventry game was, I have a belief that things are heading in the right direction. Players seem to care about the club once again & yes, many had a poor game, made mistakes & maybe a different philosophy would have made a difference but THIS is the start of the character testing of our 'fans'. The club has been open about it being a process, as a coach I know there will be times where things go badly trying to play this style, I have experienced it myself. I fully believe we are on the right track, young players, a decisive coach, all of who believe in the philosophy that will bear fruit in the long term.

Fellow fans, don't fall into the trap of becoming negative toward players, coach & club so early on. Be patient & give your full support. You will be amazed with the difference it can make. Many players have already expressed this, they are playing for YOU.

I am not preaching, just an informed person, withdrawn from the immediate feelings.

Always believe, COYR!

CTR you are just another fan falling into the trap of talking common sense and logic, when everyone knows that now is the time for knee jerk reacton and vitriolic comment.

P.S. I agree with all you say.

As I am sure everyone is aware by now, I am in the US & do not attend games etc so rely on all internet/media (social &otherwise) for information. This being said, as comical as the Coventry game was, I have a belief that things are heading in the right direction. Players seem to care about the club once again & yes, many had a poor game, made mistakes & maybe a different philosophy would have made a difference but THIS is the start of the character testing of our 'fans'. The club has been open about it being a process, as a coach I know there will be times where things go badly trying to play this style, I have experienced it myself. I fully believe we are on the right track, young players, a decisive coach, all of who believe in the philosophy that will bear fruit in the long term.

Fellow fans, don't fall into the trap of becoming negative toward players, coach & club so early on. Be patient & give your full support. You will be amazed with the difference it can make. Many players have already expressed this, they are playing for YOU.

I am not preaching, just an informed person, withdrawn from the immediate feelings.

Always believe, COYR!

Spot on. Support the players outwardly, even if inwardly you think they are crap. It makes a hell of a difference when the fan base is behind the team.

This might be a stupid comparison, but I play 5 a side a couple of times a week. The lads I play with are a real mixed ability some brilliant, some pretty woeful. I've noticed a real difference in some of the poor players, when they get shouted at for being crap, they get even worse, whereas if you encourage them, even when they miss a sitter etc they tend to play better. Now people will say the BC players are professional, they should go and do their job whatever the crowd do but remember they are human beings and the same as you or I. If you went into work and your boss and colleagues said you are crap at every opportunity it wouldn't improve what you do too much. You certainly wouldn't enjoy going to work anyway. If the players enjoy what they are doing with the support of the crowd and team mates they are more likely to play well...

Yep, patience is required. Once you start doing the right things at the top (and I think we're starting to) it can take years to filter down. The acquisition policy is clearly the right one, but we haven't yet been able to shift some of the dead wood and new players need time. S.O'D is the right appointment but the players and coaches won't adapt fully to his ethos overnight. Mid table isn't a disaster this season, support is what we need.

"Rome wasn't built in a day"

I think this saying is one that many Bristol City fans need to remind themselves of.

Some City fans will think that Rome is the name for the new AV stadium.

I know we're very different clubs with different histories and all that but I think there is a comparison between where we are at now with where Liverpool were at this time last year. Carrying lots of overpaid underachievers but introducing a new manager who came with a clear philosophy on how he wants his team to play. Rodgers used a lot of younger players last season, with varying levels of success, is still shipping people out and getting people in that more fit with how he wants to do things now.

Last year was a big transition for Liverpool and I think people will be scrutinising Rodgers more this year, they have to improve on last year's league position and have a decent fist at winning a trophy. I think this time next year is when we can start getting a clear idea of how SOD's squad is shaping up to seriously challenge. Anything close to promotion this season would be a bonus. But if we make some more decent signings before the transfer window closes who knows. The squad is still very thin as a whole and I'm just not expecting overnight miracles.

Spot on.

I bought a season ticket this year for the first year in 6. Regarding support, one thing that really stood out from my seat in the Dolman was that the people sat around me only got vocal when getting on our own players back. The rest of the game they sat there in silence. Bizarre!

This team is a work in progress and not the finished promotion pushing article. Changes need to be made after yesterday, with at least two of the older established players being rested or moved on.

Spot on.

I bought a season ticket this year for the first year in 6. Regarding support, one thing that really stood out from my seat in the Dolman was that the people sat around me only got vocal when getting on our own players back. The rest of the game they sat there in silence. Bizarre!

This team is a work in progress and not the finished promotion pushing article. Changes need to be made after yesterday, with at least two of the older established players being rested or moved on.

You mean the DullMoan stand?

Archived