IGNORED

Callum Wilson Coventry No. 20

Claverham_Red

Yes... defensively were a shambles yesterday but I was still impressed with Coventry's little nippy striker Callum Wilson, no. 20.

Yes he wasted time coming off at the end & annoyed City fans with his celebration but all players sadly do that nowadays.

He looked quite strong for his size & fast. At only 21 years of age & with Coventry's precarious financial position, City could get him on the steal. Yes his goalscoring record is not that impressive but it appears he had a serious foot injury which obviously set him back.

Thoughts?

On another note, was it just because we were closer to the pitch than we were used to in championship grounds or did their players seem like a particularly large bunch of dick heads to anyone else?

Time wasting in the first half at 1-0, deliberately blocking the ball from reaching us for a free kick, feigning pushes that weren't there, obviously behaving like complete morons (traditional use of the word) after the 2 goals up our end, they literally behaved like 10 year olds for that...just all round cock heads I thought.

Or am I just being bitchy?

Thought Clarke looked good at the back - number 24.

Very quick for a CB and prevented Baldock on a couple of occasions.

Was it me or did he look small for a CB?

Even if he is small didn't make much difference, looked comfortable.

He normally plays RB but can play CB

I'm not sure any defender for either team looked particularly great yesterday!

With 1 exception WellRedPhil. As the others above have alluded to, Jordan Clarke was excellent I thought. However, he made 1 mistake all game which was for Baldock's goal (our 3rd) when Sam outstripped him.

Aside from that his all round game was very good. Considering he is a Right Back who was playing on the left side CB position makes it even more noteworthy. I note he was switched there in their previous game midweek - maybe Pressley has stumbled on something good.

On the commentary it seemed Moussa was on the ball ALOT!

Moussa ripped Moloney a new one. Look at some of the goals we conceded. Moloney was concentrating so much on where Moussa was that he actually forgot to do the basics of defending!

Archived