IGNORED

11 Consecutive League Games Without A Win

North London Red

Quick question - anyone know what the club's record is for consecutive league games without a win?

After yesterday we're now up to 11 in a row - from a very quick trawl of the archives the worst I can find is a run of 12 (in both 81-82, and at the end of 79-80 / start of 80-81) although I haven't spent particularly long looking.

What your saying has no relavence as stats are rolled over from last season.

I really wish people would look for the the positives and istead of constantly digging for doom and gloom. I am still feeling positive for the season.

What your saying has no relavence as stats are rolled over from last season.

I really wish people would look for the the positives and istead of constantly digging for doom and gloom. I am still feeling positive for the season.

But if it was an unbeaten run, like that of Arsenals, then presumably it would be relevant.

You are right about still feeling positive though. I think MOST have written off last season but we'll all feel better when that league win comes.

To my mind it is inconceivable Fontaine will play on Saturday unless Sean believes we have nobody good enough to step into the breach and that, in itself, is inconceivable. However, it is conceivable that Sean will not find it inconceivable for Fontaine to play and we will all find that inconceivable as well.

People remark that others in the back line were also at fault for the leaks against Coventry but if we take the Sean mantra of teamwork at face value we can and should seek out the route course of those leaks by understanding that the disarray stems from one of those players being 'carried' by all of the others thus placing their positions and effectiveness in real jeopardy and so it proved. The route cause, therefore, is blindingly obvious to all those I have listened to and spoken to in match after match for months.

The answer behind playing Fontaine, therefore, is a riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma. I think we can simply shorten that saying to 'A Fontaine'. It has a very real chance of going down in BCFC folklore.

Archived