IGNORED

Coventry Goals

Aizoon

Mind you, I've finally managed to explain five-four to Horace.

Four is all his paws and five is all his paws plus his nose. He'll know how to count the goals if Fontaine plays against Wolves ;)

Sorry but I think you'll have a problem after the Wolves game!

I just cant stop watching the 4th Goal.........maybe I think it will somehow get better...but it never will!! It is the kind of goal that happens in a 8-7 game in Div 5 of the Downs League?! .Fontaine and Fielding should be locked in a room with a video loop of the goal...and told to not come out until they have donated their weeks wages to a charity of their choice. It is without doubt the most appalling defending of a hit and hope whoosh ball i have ever witnessed in Professional or Amateur Football. Fontaine should be embarassed to even put Professional Fooballer on his Passport! Rant Over.....

I just cant stop watching the 4th Goal.........maybe I think it will somehow get better...but it never will!! It is the kind of goal that happens in a 8-7 game in Div 5 of the Downs League?! .Fontaine and Fielding should be locked in a room with a video loop of the goal...and told to not come out until they have donated their weeks wages to a charity of their choice. It is without doubt the most appalling defending of a hit and hope whoosh ball i have ever witnessed in Professional or Amateur Football. Fontaine should be embarassed to even put Professional Fooballer on his Passport! Rant Over.....

I'm not sure he really cares.

Seeing the 5th goal makes me even more depressed now - we had 3 players in a triangle, Daniels in the middle of the triangle - no one else in the box and they all stand watching as he scores, none of them attempt to tackle him, goto him, get goal side of him.......

Was there at the time and want ballistic at Fonts when 4th went in and whilst he was shocking having seen this Fielding carries bigger responsibility as that ball was 8 yards out when Cov striker shot. Not excusing Fonts but a competent keeper would have spared his blushes.

I think I actually feel the worst about the second goal. Lad plays a pass from just inside our half and tears our defence apart, then goes past flint like he isn't there. Worrying.

The 3rd for me, Fontaine in good position to attack the ball, however he doesn't jump and gives the guy a free header!

Then there's the fourth...

Seeing the 5th goal makes me even more depressed now - we had 3 players in a triangle, Daniels in the middle of the triangle - no one else in the box and they all stand watching as he scores, none of them attempt to tackle him, goto him, get goal side of him.......

So we are agreed that it's just all round amateurish sucky defending all round -

In the Bradford game, where we let them hit the post with a unchallenged near post flick (with no player on the back post) from a freekick, then conceded a goal from a corner that was a carbon copy - then of course Fielding's rush of blood.

Against Coventry, they had 2 good goals, butt he others were again atrocious defending - seems like SOD has to get them back to basics in training to iron out quite simple fundimental mistakes.

I'm going to be positive here.

Baldock's second goal is great. Strength, power to fight off the defender and a great finish.

Shame he didn't do this when through on goal earlier, but shows that he can do it.

Negative: Any of our goals. Stupid challenge for the penalty. Letting the player run for the second. Fonts not getting off his feet for the third. Every. Single. Thing. About the fourth. Ball watching and turning backs for the fifth.

Jesus we were bad. Couldn't see all of it from my position in the corner of the East stand, but jeez that was awful.

So we are agreed that it's just all round amateurish sucky defending all round -

In the Bradford game, where we let them hit the post with a unchallenged near post flick (with no player on the back post) from a freekick, then conceded a goal from a corner that was a carbon copy - then of course Fielding's rush of blood.

Against Coventry, they had 2 good goals, butt he others were again atrocious defending - seems like SOD has to get them back to basics in training to iron out quite simple fundimental mistakes.

Going back to the Bradford game, Wynter was marking Wells at all corners. He let him get free when he hit the post and on several other occasions.

Our defending from crosses is very poor, and Wynter was beaten on every single occasion we had a set piece, allowing free runners and losing his man.

Crikey some totally dire defending by both sides there.very concerning the way flint backed off without attempting a tackle for the 2nd goal, was he booked for the pen.challenge? Would explain it a bit if so but very very poor defending ending up with the attacker having half of the goal unguarded and easily placing his shot in.purely an agricultural punt forwards for the 4th goal which should never have led to a goal.

Crikey some totally dire defending by both sides there.very concerning the way flint backed off without attempting a tackle for the 2nd goal, was he booked for the pen.challenge? Would explain it a bit if so but very very poor defending ending up with the attacker having half of the goal unguarded and easily placing his shot in.purely an agricultural punt forwards for the 4th goal which should never have led to a goal.

No, he wasn't booked.

Got booked later for a needless, late kick against a Cov player. Although the ref didn't book Cov players for similar challenges.

Archived