IGNORED

Louis Carey

Will Rollason

That is all. Still best centre half we got.. 4th goal, laughable, 5th goal almost as bad, ball watching and then looking around to see whos fault it is..... its you Fonts. Flint not much better mind.

You're clueless if you think Carey is our best CB.

Carey may or may not be the best centre back at the club. But he has something none of the back 4 have. The ability to organise. Which I would suggest is of far more importance now.

Like I said ages ago about flint. He ain't great on the floor and he needs a organiser playng side him to cajole him into the correct position. In fonts he does not have the right kind of defender. Trouble is if you put Carey in there, there is zero pace in there, do you are relying on carey's positional sense. That said Fontaine seems to have lost any pace he used yo have as well. He is so bloody flat footed as well.

Carey is past his sell by date, and will create as many problems as Fontaine. cos he's too slow, despite him loving the Club (Yeah, right!) he is not the answer. Fontaine is just shit.

The only answer is a new left centre back then. They are desperately missing experience. Williams is not the answer with a back 4 as inexperienced as ours is.

Moloney hardly played for forest. Cunningham played a few for forest and us. Flint in and out of the team at swindon from non league and Williams no real first team experience. You are left with out of sorts fonts or susceptible to injury Carey or buy in some experience.

Carey may or may not be the best centre back at the club. But he has something none of the back 4 have. The ability to organise. Which I would suggest is of far more importance now.

Like I said ages ago about flint. He ain't great on the floor and he needs a organiser playng side him to cajole him into the correct position. In fonts he does not have the right kind of defender. Trouble is if you put Carey in there, there is zero pace in there, do you are relying on carey's positional sense. That said Fontaine seems to have lost any pace he used yo have as well. He is so bloody flat footed as well.

I agree with your verdict regarding Carey. I would like to see both Williams and Carey in the squad for Saturday. Which one starts and which is on the bench is an open question.

You're clueless if you think Carey is our best CB.

No, i'm an ex centre half who has watched and played a lot of football.Tell me who our best is then?

Oh sorry, i should have given you a bit of abuse as well shouldn't i? Funnily enough everyone else managed to express an opinion without it....

Centre halves at this club;

Flint- beast of a man, great in the air, slow to turn, not seen enough of him.

Fontaine- shot, positioning gone, confidence in own ability gone.

Wiiliams- youngster learning trade not seen him much yet

Carey- still our best centre half, might be slowing down but still quicker than Flint and better positionally than all the others, better organiser and not afraid to put his head in there. Do you think they would have scored that 4th goal with Louis under that ball? or the fifth?

so ,again, TRL just who is the better centre half that you are talking about and who's the clueless one?

No, i'm an ex centre half who has watched and played a lot of football.Tell me who our best is then?

Oh sorry, i should have given you a bit of abuse as well shouldn't i? Funnily enough everyone else managed to express an opinion without it....

Carey- still our best centre half, might be slowing down but still quicker than Flint and better positionally than all the others, better organiser and not afraid to put his head in there. Do you think they would have scored that 4th goal with Louis under that ball? or the fifth?

so ,again, TRL just who is the better centre half that you are talking about and who's the clueless one?

Eh what have I done wring :laugh:. Apology accepted ;)

Carey has no pace, is decent in the air, and is extremely injury prone.

Did you see his mistake vs Rangers pre season? It was something I'd expect a youngster to do.

I don't care if you're an ex centre half, no manager we have had recently has thought as Carey as our "best" centre back, unless you are Tony Adams I would rather go by their opinion.

Carey's plus points is that he can organise, but that is all. I highly doubt he is quicker than Flint.

That's pretty much spot on - Williams and Flint may yet prove to be our best pair but we are a long way off being sure. We could do a lot worse than use Carey's experience at the moment.

Whether or not he is injury prone isn't relevant to how good he is. He's either fit or he isn't and if he isn't the question of his ability doesn't come up.

Fonts was fantastic in our promotion and first season in the championship, as he had Carey to lead him. As soon as Fonts was asked to step up and lead the team he seemed to crumble...

Flint will be captain of this club, but not yet. He's still young and learning the game; so to have him alongside who is going through what fonts is going through might be detrimental to his career with us.

Overall, I'd like to see Carey given a game alongside Flint. I can't see him letting the ball bounce outside his box or be bullied in the air by someone the same height as him...

Watching this season and last I can't see how Carey is not the best centre half at the club. In his ten years at the club he has rarely played as poorly as some do regularly.

Experienced, can organize, tackle and has a bit of ability on the ball v two others who really don't. The two centre halves I would let them have the ball at the back knowing they will be going long losing possession all afternoon.

Only doubt is Carey's fitness.

Yes he is. Just like everyone used to say Gerken was our best keeper after James or Heaton shipped a few. Learnt the hard way then, lets hope you don't have to again.

Edited just to mention how organised he was v Rangers getting caught shepherding a ball out for an opposition corner. Legs, and mind now, gone. Move on FFS.

Surely the whole point of this season is building for the future?

We paid Villa £100k for Derrick Williams so must think that someone who was a regular in their reserves can hack it at the third level of English football.

Yes, he has no experience but everyone has to start at some stage.

If fit Carey is best used as a sub or squad player if either of Flint or Williams are unavailable.

For those we think we will be bringing yet another CB, they seem to forget that Fontaine and James Wilson's wages will be eye watering at League One level.

Surely the whole point of this season is building for the future?

We paid Villa £100k for Derrick Williams so must think that someone who was a regular in their reserves can hack it at the third level of English football.

Yes, he has no experience but everyone has to start at some stage.

If fit Carey is best used as a sub or squad player if either of Flint or Williams are unavailable.

For those we think we will be bringing yet another CB, they seem to forget that Fontaine and James Wilson's wages will be eye watering at League One level.

Thank you have been making this point on different threads since Sunday but people seem to just want to ignore it because the truth is too horrible! While they are both still under contract and we're thin in other areas of the squad we won't be adding a third left sided centre half.

Archived