IGNORED

Fm Tycoon Takeovers

Pickle Rick

When you're playing Football Manager, are you tempted to take over a club if they get bought out by a Tycoon and transformed a club?

ALSO...

Have you ever had a random lower league team get bought out and suddenly have a windfall of cash?

Just wandering really as Swindon just got lucky on my game and they only just managed to survive relegation to League 2. Has to be my most random, along with S****horpe.

Plenty of Championship clubs have been bought out, but not City :(

happened to me on an old FM13 game, but with Peterborough United, Got brought by a random New Zealand billionaire. I Took them from League one to mid-table premiership but wasn't getting much luck tempting players better in so moved on elsewhere, was a good experience though, Recommend it for obvious reasons.

Happened with me when I was managing Fulham, was already the dominant force not only domestic but European football but then Fulham was taken over by some Austrian billionaire.. by the way, the year was 2032 (been playing the game for some time mind)

Remember seeing in an older game FC Halifax were in the BSP and was taken over by a billionaire tycoon... their team was crazy with L1/Championship players if I remember rightly.. think I was managing Gloucester City at the time! Had to admit I wanted to jump ship at the first opportunity, so I did but got turned down by Halifax and got sacked from Gloucester for being disloyal haha ;)

I did see a thread somewhere and Man U got a tycoon buyer and promised over £500M to spend on players.

Ridiculous. Even more so than how Man Citeh are in the game.

That's an April Fools joke within the game, had a message once before with similar 500M to spend on players clicked Yes and message read 'Haha unlucky, April Fools' :)

If you stick with PSG after the first season for 3 or 4 years after you can get 200M to spend on players each season until the sponsorship runs out.

Archived