IGNORED

Carrick

Robin 101

You can use people's views on Carrick as a yardstick to their football knowledge. If you don't rate him then you know nothing about the game. It's quite simple really!

Scott Parker is a far better player than Carrick and they both play the same position.

Carrick is way overrated and is why he would never get in the England side if Willshire, Gerrard, Lampard. Barry or others are fit.

One of the best DMs in the world was Claude Makelele, Carrick couldn't even lick his boots let alone clean them.

Scott Parker is a far better player than Carrick and they both play the same position.

Carrick is way overrated and is why he would never get in the England side if Willshire, Gerrard, Lampard. Barry or others are fit.

One of the best DMs in the world was Claude Makelele, Carrick couldn't even lick his boots let alone clean them.

Oh my days. You rate Scott Parker better than Carrick? That is hilarious. Plus Carrick isn't even a DMC.

Carrick- Rarely loses possession puts himself on a position to help the team going forward and works to get the ball back

Parker- Works hard to win the ball, Shame that it's usually the ball he's just lost

Carrick is our best CM

How you can compare Makelele and Carrick is madness.

2 very different type of player.

Hahahahahahahahaha....

Scott Parker is about to sign for QPR FFS.

The same Scott Parker who has a straight choice between QPR or Fulham?

Carrick splits opinion at Old Trafford, his vision is superb and his execution is decent, on a good day he can sit like a quarter back firing defence spitting balls, creating chance after chance.

However when his radar is off those same balls create great pressure as Utd are committed to going forward.

Only one opinion that counts EW and the manager picked him as a regular starter. I'd play him over Gerrard any day.

Teams that do well against United play a man up on him and constantly harry his passing game. Much as Moldova did in the second half out there.

Agreed. I can honestly say i have never seen him have a decent game for England.

I never rated Carrick. This is the game that changed my mind:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7737012.stm

In a relatively untried and inexperienced side Carrick dominated the midfield and kept things ticking.

It's also worth pointing out that in the 7 years he has played for United he has won the Championship 5 times- And he arrived the season after Chelsea had just won the second of back to back league titles and were dominating English football. United won the next 3.

I would rather have Gerrard and Wilkshire line up but Carrick is a decent back up and vastly underrated by many fans.

I never rated Carrick. This is the game that changed my mind:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/internationals/7737012.stm

In a relatively untried and inexperienced side Carrick dominated the midfield and kept things ticking.

It's also worth pointing out that in the 7 years he has played for United he has won the Championship 5 times- And he arrived the season after Chelsea had just won the second of back to back league titles and were dominating English football. United won the next 3.

I would rather have Gerrard and Wilkshire line up but Carrick is a decent back up and vastly underrated by many fans.

Gerrard is neanderthal in his approach to the game compared to Carrick. Gerrard's superb athleticism helped him to succeed for many years in the English game but now that is on the wane he doesn't merit a place in the national side, let alone the captaincy. Lampard is a far more intelligent player than Gerrard and made a noticeable difference when he came on.

Archived