IGNORED

Ricky Lambert

REDOXO

Nope, not Scottish - 100% English. I was supporting Scotland though.

Mods, surely this is why a "Dislike" button could come in use!

I never expect anyone to support a team because they like or dislike certain players or their attitudes, the players is not the reason I support them, it's my country, that's why I support England no matter who plays for us.

Why should I have to support them? I'll support England in a battle or a war but in Football... none of those players are prepared to put that amount of effort in so why should I be disappointed by them? I'm happy to let them do what they want and I'll go my own way and follow teams I hold at least a little respect for.

Gave up on them years ago and it's past the point of no return by now.

Why should I have to support them? I'll support England in a battle or a war but in Football... none of those players are prepared to put that amount of effort in so why should I be disappointed by them? I'm happy to let them do what they want and I'll go my own way and follow teams I hold at least a little respect for.

Even if that's your view - and I'd say last night was the most animated England performance for ages - why support SCOTLAND? :facepalm:

That's like pulling on a blue and white quartered shirt because you're disappointed with our performance last season!

Even if that's your view - and I'd say last night was the most animated England performance for ages - why support SCOTLAND? :facepalm:

That's like pulling on a blue and white quartered shirt because you're disappointed with our performance last season!

I don't support Scotland... I support whoever England are against. Or in other internationals - the underdog... or Germany.

Why should the be prepared to put in the effort when their own fans would rather they loose?

I don't support Scotland... I support whoever England are against. Or in other internationals - the underdog... or Germany.

Just out of interest, do you deliberately say things to be provocative? An Englishman supporting whoever England are playing against. I've lost a lot of faith in the England football team but that is ridiculous. Are you just on a wind up or are you actually serious?

Why would you want England to fail? You don't have to support or follow them but wanting them to lose is ridiculous.

We all don't support Bristol Rovers but we would rather they lose.

Why should the be prepared to put in the effort when their own fans would rather they loose?

I'm only one. One isn't worth worrying about.

Just out of interest, do you deliberately say things to be provocative? An Englishman supporting whoever England are playing against. I've lost a lot of faith in the England football team but that is ridiculous. Are you just on a wind up or are you actually serious?

I am being serious. I find it funny when England don't qualify or when people start the "this is our year" conversations and all that optimism followed by "knew we'd lose on penalties, don't know why I bother".

Really?

The point of that is....?

It's entertains me more.

did we ever make a bid to sign him from the Gas? (if not, why not?)...

In the LDV double header City/Rovers game at AG Lambert was the only player on the pitch, made everyone else in an awful match look like amateurs. We were in the habit of spending back then, if we SL / GJ didnt go for him then with an offer the Gas couldnt refuse was there a reason not to? had R L said he'd never or something like that?

He was just what we needed at the sutime and I reakon we'd have got the promotion we mossed out on if he was banging 'em in or making 'em for us that year.

Would've been a saleable asset regardless - whatever I think we missed a great opportunity at that time.

(posting via phone, sorry if a little garbler.... & if someone has fallen out of love with his National team, thats fair enough (too much pain, too many years, prima-donnas etc) but just walk away , why

We all don't support Bristol Rovers but we would rather they lose.

I'm only one. One isn't worth worrying about.

I am being serious. I find it funny when England don't qualify or when people start the "this is our year" conversations and all that optimism followed by "knew we'd lose on penalties, don't know why I bother".

It's entertains me more.

You don't support England because of the rubbish football I guess?

Yes?

In the LDV double header City/Rovers game at AG Lambert was the only player on the pitch, made everyone else in an awful match look like amateurs. We were in the habit of spending back then, if we SL / GJ didnt go for him then with an offer the Gas couldnt refuse was there a reason not to? had R L said he'd never or something like that?

He was just what we needed at the time and I reakon we'd have got the promotion we mossed out on if he was banging 'em in or making 'em for us that year.

Would've been a saleable asset regardless - whatever I think we missed a great opportunity at that time.

I think your right but because of the petty prejudice of some of our fans regarding anything from the other side of Bristol i think we are doomed to remain a second rate outfit. For the record i am equally convinced if we had appointed Holloway as manager instead of Mcinnes instead of being one league lower we could well have been two leagues higher.

I think your right but because of the petty prejudice of some of our fans regarding anything from the other side of Bristol i think we are doomed to remain a second rate outfit. For the record i am equally convinced if we had appointed Holloway as manager instead of Mcinnes instead of being one league lower we could well have been two leagues higher.

Can you imagine how many City fans would react to Holloway coming here?.uproar wouldnt begin to describe it.they would rather go back to Mc Winless than see a proven manager with Gas history take us forwards.hate blinds people to reality.

He was just what we needed at the sutime and I reakon we'd have got the promotion we mossed out on if he was banging 'em in or making 'em for us that year.

(posting via phone, sorry if a little garbler.... & if someone has fallen out of love with his National team, thats fair enough (too much pain, too many years, prima-donnas etc) but just walk away , why

All very easy in hindsight.....

having probs posting properly on phone.. Lambert would've been a gift at the time... prejudice aside anyone would have seen it that night... I was mystified then as I still am now as to why (if we didnt) try to sign him, was thetr a reason? we had money to spend, Lambert was just up the road & We all saw what he could do first hand .. its bugged me ever since, and I doubt we would be in this division now if

There was lots of banter about lambert saying he would never sign for us but don't know if he actually said that himself.as we were a league higher than the sags and southampton at the time of his transfer then an enquiry by us may well have proved successful.I think your right in saying we wouldn't be where we are now if we did sign him back then.missed the boat big time but then again probably would have been played out of position knowing us and been crap!!

There was lots of banter about lambert saying he would never sign for us but don't know if he actually said that himself.as we were a league higher than the sags and southampton at the time of his transfer then an enquiry by us may well have proved successful.

Lambert was probably asked if would ever sign for City every time he met a Gashead, when faced with that need of desperate reassurance on a regular basis what was he supposed to say? He's hardly likely to come out with "well, actually, I don't really care who stumps up my wages, Im a professional footballer, your club is a stepping stone for me".

Im not suggesting that City wouldve been anywhere near the top of the list of clubs Lambert would want to play for. In general footballers tell fans what they think they want to hear to save themselves getting grief off the foaming chimp stood in front of them, it's as simple as that.

Some Gasheads are way too self obsessed to realise this.

As for whether we should've had a go at signing him? Hindsight is a wonderful thing. There's no doubt he's done really well for himself though, Southampton was clearly the right club at the right time.

Sounds par for the course. All football fans are the same. All clubs have fickle fans, faithful fans and partime fans.

As for Lambert - fair play to him. He's achieved so much from humble beginnings and when interviewed last night he came over as a likable and decent bloke. I hope he stays in the England squad and play in the qualifiers.

Every word spot on.

Archived