And:

1. Sheffield Utd v ColchesterSheffield Utd @ 1.73
  2. Gillingham v BrentfordBrentford @ 2.10
  3. Nottingham Forest v BoltonBolton @ 3.40
  4. Bournemouth v WiganWigan @ 2.00
  5. West Brom v SouthamptonWest Brom @ 2.30
  6. Arsenal v Aston VillaArsenal @ 1.40

= £80ish

Gone for an odds on accy at £5 on Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea, Burnley and P'boro

Got a cheeky £1 on an 8 fold with Liverpool, Arsenal, Manyoo, Wigan, QPR, Orient, Bury and Wolves (shame on me)

thats given us a chance,one rule never bet on city games.

i never bet on us or against.

i'v banned my dad from telling me if he's bet on the city,(kiss of death!)

by the same token, a few years back me and my best mate were doing a bet every saturday,he'd pick two and i'd pick two.

it went wellfor a while,then one sat it was my turn to go to the bookies.

he'd picked sunderland to win down the gate,i said no way am i putting that bet on,pick again!

needless to say the mackens beat us 1-0 witch cost us a nice pick up.

that was the end of our joint betting!! still can't bring myself to back against the city.(sad i know)

thats given us a chance,one rule never bet on city games.

i never bet on us or against.

i'v banned my dad from telling me if he's bet on the city,(kiss of death!)

by the same token, a few years back me and my best mate were doing a bet every saturday,he'd pick two and i'd pick two.

it went wellfor a while,then one sat it was my turn to go to the bookies.

he'd picked sunderland to win down the gate,i said no way am i putting that bet on,pick again!

needless to say the mackens beat us 1-0 witch cost us a nice pick up.

that was the end of our joint betting!! still can't bring myself to back against the city.(sad i know)

I've seen Wolves play at AG twice I think. Aggregate score is 10-1 to wolves.

Gone for two games in each division...

LIVERPOOL v Stoke

SUNDERLAND v Fulham

QPR v Ipswich

Bournemouth v WIGAN

PETERBOROUGH v Oldham

WALSALL v Notts County

SOUTHEND v Northampton

WYCOMBE v Mansfield

Only put 50p on it to return just over £100 and going to do a BTTS as well for which city will definitely be part of!

Stoke are crafty/annoying, they'll nick a draw at Liverpool!

I think this should be a weekly thread, lot of fun seeing what you lot have bet on. Haven't done mine yet but any early punts on the first prem weekend etc?

Definately a good shout, good to canvass for opinion. I tend to play safe, haven't seen the list yet but fairly sure Arsenal will be on my selection.

Definately a good shout, good to canvass for opinion. I tend to play safe, haven't seen the list yet but fairly sure Arsenal will be on my selection.

Looking at another thread that Arse have only 11 fit players in the squad after selling a shed load of players. Would be quite tempted to go for Villa!

Looking at another thread that Arse have only 11 fit players in the squad after selling a shed load of players. Would be quite tempted to go for Villa!

Hence why these threads are a good idea. Other thing is in the last two seasons Arsenal have drawn 0-0 at home with both Sunderland and Newcastle. I know a keen Gooner so I'll see if he can provide insight.

10-2 I think ?

I like those odds, but, as stated in another thread, we could swap squads with Wolves for the day and still loose, haven't beaten Wolves in a long time, a draw is an outside shout IMO

A couple of tips from friends/bookies - does anyone use these?

Defenders to score first/next/anytime (made me £58 profit off 3 £1 stakes)

5 folds on a 6 team accumulator (if you know your stuff you may disagree with this one, bloke in bookies reckons he makes 150% profit every 4 weeks)

Half Time / Full Time alternative results - so Villa to be winning at half time and to loose may be a good bet this weekend

Accas wise i'm woeful, never won an acca annd regularly miss by one or two rsults. York and Qpr cost me £900 last week

I'll be going for;

EXETER v Wimbledon, Southend v NORTHAMPTON, WALSALL v Notts County, Gillingham v BRENTFORD, BURNLEY v Yeovil, Reading v WATFORD, WEST BROM v Southampton, Norwich v EVERTON

Archived