IGNORED

Jet Song - Get Lucky?

One Team

(Mods: I've had a good look for a similar thread on this and can't find one so apologies if I've missed it and started another one!)

I've been trying to think of something for our new cult hero.

Something a bit different maybe rather than nicking another team's chant for a player. Pretty difficult too with a name like that! How many syllables?!

Anyway, how about this to the currently very well known tune of 'Get Lucky' by Daft Punk? Don't really to change the first couple of lines! Clearly it helps if you know it I grant you, but it did occur to me the chorus bit 'fits' his name:

We've come too far to give up who we are
So let's raise the bar and our cups to the stars

He's on the right and up front
He's on the left to get some
We'll all stand up for good fun
He's Jay-E-man-u-el-Thom-as

(repeat!)
In any event the man needs a decent offering I reckon!
One Team

The OP was trying something original but think its too wordy to catch on at football. The other suggestions have been done to death.

Think the formulae for a good song is originality but not so complicated it can't be started and sung by guys who have been balls deep into a flagon of natch

Its become too stale, conservative and predictable. The ideas should become more flagon of natch, more local, Lads used to have ideas beyond just copying everybody else with a bit of edge to them.

Its become too stale, conservative and predictable. The ideas should become more flagon of natch, more local, Lads used to have ideas beyond just copying everybody else with a bit of edge to them.

Yep, just like that AMAZING new chant:

City as **** and we're playing up

WOW

How about we do something ORIGINAL and UNIQUE to BRISTOL CITY?!?!

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy is crying out for some decent lyrics to be put to it.

The "heeeey heeey heeeey heeeey" bit could even be substituted with "Jaaayy Jaaaay Jaay Jaaaay"?!

Our OWN, BETTER version of Seven nation army. Come on somebody!

I know that I've been mad in love before
And how it could be with you
Really hurt me baby, really cut me baby
How can you have a day without a night
You're the book that I have opened
And now I've got to know much more

WOW

Wow is it?

Don't know I attend football with my family and friends so I doubt the four year old would ...

Being the 72nd team to roll out the White Stripes isn't all that. Ask some of the old ones about the YSC, AP and fans before them. Bristol City fans being first, best or different.

WOW

Prefer the infamous bucket of water song meself " This is the song, the City cider song, drink cider as we march along, put the Rovers in their place ..." Gets a bit naughty after that what with its street choreography and all.

Stick that on here and 36 of every 100 lead by Priest redeye will wet themselves.

Too big a responsibility to take there.

Archived