IGNORED

Nyatanga

EDoubleD

After watching the cov game and the highlights from wolves, I get te feeling that if we'd kept tango we'd have 6 points in the bank...

I admit, I was never his biggest fan. Clumsy, lacked concentration, but from when sod came in I thought he was solid. What he lacked in touch and passing ability he certainly made up for with physicality, and crucially - pace.

I think him and flint as a back two would of been rock solid. V wolves he would of covered flint enough so the Bradford player wouldn't of rounded flint so easily. He might of even got to the header first on the second, or at least put him off. V cov, he'd of put his boot through there 4th, and if he hadnt he'd of made it back to clear a second time. He also wouldn't of been beaten in the air on the 3rd.

Shame we lost him, as he was only young as well. He's been to alot of clubs, so I guess his agent wanted a new villa in Spain so had a word in the kids ear.

Touch wood Williams is the new Rio Ferdinand. Or even Anton...ok, maybe not Anton...

I'm concerned about throwing Williams in simply because he may not be ready for regular football at this level...the last thing we want is to ruin his confidence.

Saying that, we haven't got a choice!

Wynter did alright.

After watching the cov game and the highlights from wolves, I get te feeling that if we'd kept tango we'd have 6 points in the bank...

I admit, I was never his biggest fan. Clumsy, lacked concentration, but from when sod came in I thought he was solid. What he lacked in touch and passing ability he certainly made up for with physicality, and crucially - pace.

I think him and flint as a back two would of been rock solid. V wolves he would of covered flint enough so the Bradford player wouldn't of rounded flint so easily. He might of even got to the header first on the second, or at least put him off. V cov, he'd of put his boot through there 4th, and if he hadnt he'd of made it back to clear a second time. He also wouldn't of been beaten in the air on the 3rd.

Shame we lost him, as he was only young as well. He's been to alot of clubs, so I guess his agent wanted a new villa in Spain so had a word in the kids ear.

Touch wood Williams is the new Rio Ferdinand. Or even Anton...ok, maybe not Anton...

Can't really agree. I never saw this physicality from him - I always thought he was powderpuff. He certainly did improve under SOD there is no doubt about that, but form is temporary and over the course of his career here he was undoubtedly a poor player. With the new rules and regulations coming in gone are the days where I would advocate another chance for a player who has upturned in form; we need to be ruthless and evaluate a player over his whole spell here and consider whether he deserves to stay.

Also, the sceptic in me, particularly highlighted by Robbie Savages article, does wonder whether the upturn in form was attributable to SOD, or attributable to the fact he was soon to be an out of contract player and needed either an offer from us or someone else. I would be interested come the end of this season to see how Barnsley fans think he is fairing.

Firstly Ermmm...What? Wolves?

Secondly, how do you know what he WOULD of done???

Bizarre post

Irrelevant. He did not stay, we could not afford an offer to tempt him and we have to move on with the players we have.

Couldnt of been on more than Fontaine though surely, I mean its beside the point really as its not like we could offload Fonts anyway but... Fonts was first team whereas Tangs was a squad/backup, so I'd imagine that on the balance I would've rather kept Tangs, hes no less weaker and quicker than Fontaine and despite his clumsiness he did have decent positioning as well, hes younger....

But Fontaine was in contract, Tangs wasn't. Choice was out of our hands. Ok he might have been useful for one game, but never saw him as the future of BCFC, move on, we're rebuilding and can't do that if you keep hanging on to players like him. It's why we got into a mess, always looking short term.

But Fontaine was in contract, Tangs wasn't. Choice was out of our hands. Ok he might have been useful for one game, but never saw him as the future of BCFC, move on, we're rebuilding and can't do that if you keep hanging on to players like him. It's why we got into a mess, always looking short term.

Accept the out of contract point, but not sure where signing a 20 year old full international centre back wouldn't fit our new profile.

The specific signing may not have worked out, but it was very much looking long term.

Very eloquent case for keeping Nyatanga,

Personally I thought he was dog shit.

Archived