IGNORED

Williams Stand Pillars

tts_city

im taking my son (7) to his first game this season, so i chose shrewsbury at home as im hoping he gets to see us win and get him hooked, i booked some seats today online however i think i might have put us right behind a pillar in the williams, can anyone tell me is block K row p seats 20 - 22 right behind one ? i would hate for a bloody pillar in the way to be his first impression and i dont fancy it either.

yes i did but it wasnt obvious where the pillars were, i dont go often these days, once or twice a season, but im hoping this might be the start of us both going regularly as father and sons do :thumbsup:

I hope you both enjoy it, we need all the fans we can get at the moment.

If I have any kids I'll take them down to AG as soon as they can walk... Maybe before. I wouldn't want to risk a non-footy loving child.

I understand how this is wrong on so many levels so you don't need to tell me. Morales and sh*t right?

Not wrong at all. My Dad started taking me when I was 4 or 5 but it was easier then, as we could stand in the East End and I could just muck about near the front if I got bored. I started taking my son at about 5 or 6 and although it was all seating by then luckily he kept still and watched the game. He's 23 now and CIty through and through, as am I. Mission accomplished for me and my dad. :thumbsup:

im taking my son (7) to his first game this season, so i chose shrewsbury at home as im hoping he gets to see us win and get him hooked, i booked some seats today online however i think i might have put us right behind a pillar in the williams, can anyone tell me is block K row p seats 20 - 22 right behind one ? i would hate for a bloody pillar in the way to be his first impression and i dont fancy it either.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news; But unfortunately you have not picked the best seats. However, you have also not picked the worst.

The thing to know is that the pillar for that section is next to the seat L21 (or 22/20, you get the idea).

You can look around the pillars, it is not the end of the world, but it is a pain in the arse certainly!

If I were you, I would sit in the upper L Block but fairly low down. As a result of this, the pillar will only block your view of the away fans.

Remember going to games with dad and grandad at about the age of 5, absolutely fantastic. My sister went to her first game at about the age of two and spent the whole match repeating "City kick it", not sure she got the offside rule at that age though...

Remember going to games with dad and grandad at about the age of 5, absolutely fantastic. My sister went to her first game at about the age of two and spent the whole match repeating "City kick it", not sure she got the offside rule at that age though...

im taking my dad along as well, so its a three generation thing :thumbsup:

thanks pigeon, so we are three rows behind it, thats not as bad as i feared, as others have said we can always move if its not packed.

Yeh, I still often sit around there as it doesn't bother me that much.

Every time I go to the Williams I see people sit in their seats and say 'there's a ******* pole in the way!'. But, as you suggested, it is rarely sold out around that area so people just move to a seat they prefer.

Part of the fun, as he will have to keep moving to see and won't fall asleep!

Not wrong at all. My Dad started taking me when I was 4 or 5 but it was easier then, as we could stand in the East End and I could just muck about near the front if I got bored. I started taking my son at about 5 or 6 and although it was all seating by then luckily he kept still and watched the game. He's 23 now and CIty through and through, as am I. Mission accomplished for me and my dad. :thumbsup:

Hang on..

Your dad took you to Ashton gate.........................

You took your son when he was 5 or 6

Your son is now 23?

Question: Are you me?

Hang on..

Your dad took you to Ashton gate.........................

You took your son when he was 5 or 6

Your son is now 23?

Question: Are you me?

Not sure. Are you incredibly handsome and hung like a horse?

If you are then no, I'm not you. ;)

Not sure. Are you incredibly handsome and hung like a horse?

If you are then no, I'm not you. ;)

Nice one centurion.

Alas, I have the perfect face for Internet Forums, and the wife hangs more impressively.

(She been hanging in the garage for the last 25 years - Message to self - must cut her down)

Nice one centurion.

Alas, I have the perfect face for Internet Forums, and the wife hangs more impressively.

(She been hanging in the garage for the last 25 years - Message to self - must cut her down)

:laugh: that made me chuckle.... unless you are being serious in which case.... I'll be sending captain redeye over to have word in your shell like!

If I have any kids I'll take them down to AG as soon as they can walk... Maybe before. I wouldn't want to risk a non-footy loving child.

I understand how this is wrong on so many levels so you don't need to tell me. Morales and sh*t right?

Mate, as the father of two young girls, 5 and 2, all i have to say to you is good luck taking a toddler to the football, making them sit in one seat for two hours and enjoy it...

Slightly dodgy view will probably be a good part of the memories for him. I sat in there with a mate v Derby last season and we had a right laugh about the view. Took my 9 y/o girl to her first match last season v Middlesbrough and she absolutely loved it (more enthusiastic than me now). Hope you get a similar result.

thanks pigeon, so we are three rows behind it, thats not as bad as i feared, as others have said we can always move if its not packed.

Ring the tickey office and explain. I'm sure they will amend the booking for you. Enjoy the game!

a very kind fellow red ST holder isnt going that game and has very kindly offered us there seats in the williams with a great view, thanks a lot its very much appreciated.

i was in that row looking down yesterday at the seat fitted right behind that pillar,what were they thinking even putting one there,its like 'the naughty chair'

both rows in front and behind were empty.

glad you got other seats already as that pillar blocked out the centre circle which wasnt an issue in the first half as it was all happening right in front of us towards frankies goal,got excellent idea of why kilkenny mustnt start any time soon.

Archived