IGNORED

Ian Holloway

HarryCardno

You have interpreted to Handball offence exactly as it seems to be done at the moment. My point is, the Laws of the Game simply state "deliberately handles the ball" - there is no "implied intent".

As for flailing your arms, I'd like to see any player raise his foot as high as the Palace player did in order to try to block the cross, without raising one's arms to balance oneself.

It is similar to the ridiculous elbowing offences that are given. Admittedly, some of them are deliberate, but I've seen many completely innocous clashes resulting in an innocent player being sent off. It is almost impossible to jump up to head the ball without raising your arms to get leverage.

In fact, when I was young enough to play football, I always remember my coach saying to us "when you jump up to head the ball, READ THE PAPER" - in other words, throw your arms and shoulder back to gain height.

It is a sad fact that football, as we know it, is no longer a contact sport. :-(

Totally agree. I've made the point a few times that it would be better to just get rid of the idea of deliberate handball and call it handball, at least then there's no need for guessing a player's intent. I quite like the idea of attackers deliberately trying to hit someone's hands with the ball in the box.

It was said near the beginning of this post, big clubs like Man U will always get the decisions over Cardiff, hull, palace etc. referees are always influenced at old Trafford, it's unfair and wrong but that's just football... Holloway is correct!, people dislike holloway because he's a gas head, but give the guy credit he's got two teams into the prem so he clearly knows what he is doing!

He knows what he's doing UNTIL his teams reach the Prem. After that, he just reverts to attention-seeking sound bytes as always. As someone pointed out earlier, the so-called foul was commited at least 60 yards away from the palace penalty area, and possesion was gained and lost twice before the penalty was conceded.

The man is a grade A tool, and the more he gets airtime the more cringeworthy he becomes. Conspiracy theories on the first day of the Prem? Give me a break! I'm boycotting Palace post-match interviews until the clown is sacked. Won't be long, hopefully.

So the smaller teams are moaning about bigger teams getting preferential treatment but on the same hand are moaning because as smaller clubs they think they should get the preferential treatment.

It's fine how it is.

Hollowhead is being nothing but a whining git just like all the other sag heads and is playing the victim so next time a referee goes to make a decision against his side he's gonna remember Hollowhead moaning to the media and may think twice about awarding a dodgy decision. However it could also backfire on Hollowhead and they could award dodgy decisions simply to pee him off.

I almost felt sorry and embarrassed for him watching that interview but then I remembered he is scum and that's what he wants from people and that's the whole reason for him sounding off.

The best thing to do is to just ignore him and eventually he will go away and crawl back under his rock just like they all do.

Someone went through the season two years ago and re-wrote the league table where results were adjusted to correct refereeing mistakes.

Blackpool would have got an extra 13 points.... and Man U 13 less...

Link..,? I don't actually believe you.

How/who decided what decisions were wrong and needed amending? Who would sit through every minute of every match, re-refereeing the whole game, just to put together a meaningless new league table.

With repect, II think you are talking shite.

It was said near the beginning of this post, big clubs like Man U will always get the decisions over Cardiff, hull, palace etc. referees are always influenced at old Trafford, it's unfair and wrong but that's just football... Holloway is correct!, people dislike holloway because he's a gas head, but give the guy credit he's got two teams into the prem so he clearly knows what he is doing!

But how does that stack up when you look at the 11/12 season and the Manchester Clubs (1st & 2nd) conceded the same amount of penalties as QPR, Fulham, Swansea. Bolton and Blackburn - so called big clubs conceding the same as so called smaller clubs. Yes they were awarded more but that's because they would have had more possession and and more attacking threat.

10/11 season Arsenal/Man U/Liverpool all conceded more penalties than Birmingham, stoke, wolves, fulham, everton, villa, newcastle and ironically Blackpool managed by a certain Mr Holloway.

Better teams get more decisions because they have better, more skillful players, have more possession and are generally playing against players who may not be as sharp or fit and are inferior in terms of ability.

It's not a conspiracy!

sorry to annoy you but I was at the game that day and from the reaction of the players and Neil warnock having a pop at us I've always known that goal to be a phantom goal - the official couldn't make out whether it went in or not so decided not to award the goal?

Uncle Colin and the Tangomans reaction after the game was vile and quite frankly slanderous after the game, accusing City of this that and the other.

Archived