IGNORED

Twentypence On Saturday

Rich i e

Did anyone else get the impression he cut SO'D off from his interview on Saturday?

I wouldn't have minded but he then went on give us the national sport (Arsenal report twice) plus the usual 3 hour Rugby interviews and a full moan in from John Ward.

Also, is John Ward grumpier since his first spell in 'Bristol' Football ? I don't remember him being like that when he first managed City n Rovers.

Did anyone else get the impression he cut SO'D off from his interview on Saturday?

I wouldn't have minded but he then went on give us the national sport (Arsenal report twice) plus the usual 3 hour Rugby interviews and a full moan in from John Ward.

Also, is John Ward grumpier since his first spell in 'Bristol' Football ? I don't remember him being like that when he first managed City n Rovers.

It rarely works going back for a second time at a club. Old man John will be gone by the end of the season.

They might as well not bother interviewing the misery Ward, I know people get bored of So'D but at least he's talking about something I'm interested in. It might help if interviewers didn't ask such predictable questions I suppose.

I would ask why, at least ten times on Saturday, was the ball smashed up to Baldock who didn't have a hope in winning a header against a defender nearly one foot taller than him.

You can imagine SOD's response to that - "You'd have to ask the players"! The Bountyhunter interview made it clear the players are being asked to make decisions themselves so I'm pretty sure they weren't being told to do that from the touchline. If you haven't read that interview yet have a look, I think the bit about decision making explains a lot of things that have happened so far this season.

If you were a journalist what questions would you ask?

No idea whatsoever as I'm not a journo. I tell you what i wouldn't be asking, I wouldn't be asking something like are you upset about losing or asking John Ward if their run is due to having nine players injured- what do they expect So'D or Ward to say when the same nonsense is trollied week in week out.

I would ask why, at least ten times on Saturday, was the ball smashed up to Baldock who didn't have a hope in winning a header against a defender nearly one foot taller than him.

No you wouldn't, or if you did you wouldn't have a job for long! They are never going to ask contentious questions, the ones the fans would want asked.

Archived