IGNORED

Carlisle

i hate rovers

I work shifts and put in to have this day off. One of the away grounds that excites me the most is Brunton Park - oozes with charcter from the pictures...http://www.footballgroundguide.com/carlisle_united/ Shame we aren't placed in the terrace behind the goal though.

Even more of a shame the stand we are in no longer looks like this....

brunton-park-carlisle-united-east-stand.

Did it in a Mate's car during the promotion season. We were worried about how long it would take us so we left Bristol at 8am. By 1130 am we were in Carlisle Rugby League Social Bar near the football ground having a nice pint and a bite too eat. M5-M6 and then dual carriage way all the way, no traffic and my mate got his foot down. City won and it was happy days. Shortly after we made the relatively short journey to London and it took over four hours due to traffic.

Did it in a Mate's car during the promotion season. We were worried about how long it would take us so we left Bristol at 8am. By 1130 am we were in Carlisle Rugby League Social Bar near the football ground having a nice pint and a bite too eat. M5-M6 and then dual carriage way all the way, no traffic and my mate got his foot down. City won and it was happy days. Shortly after we made the relatively short journey to London and it took over four hours due to traffic.

who was youre mate lewis hamilton? :thumbsup:

In what car? Red bull? Ferrari?

Went up there on the City 'special' train in the early 80's for an FA Cup game. Drew 1-1 and think we won the replay 6-0. Happy days.

I was on that train! We were on the side if I remember rightly,some City went in with Carlisle ( as was the norm in those days) I remember a few getting nicked before the game.

That was one hell of a way to go, to end up in a cell for the 90 mins!!!

I was on that train! We were on the side if I remember rightly,some City went in with Carlisle ( as was the norm in those days) I remember a few getting nicked before the game.

That was one hell of a way to go, to end up in a cell for the 90 mins!!!

Proper days out then. Still cant believe the state of those trains. No seats, no bulbs and by the end of the day no windows. And, as for the toilets, forget it !

Mates of mine were in a run of the mill Golf and were in a pub back in Staple Hill at 8.30pm, 3 and a half hours is doable at an average of 85-90mph!!

To average that speed you must have been traveling much faster most of the time.

Not really something that your mates should be proud of.

I was there for that match and the journey can be done in that time considering we were drinking in our local by 9pm AND we had an after match beer before leaving Carlisle.

Tbf, we had a hire car and barely dropped below 100mph on the drive back to Bristol.

Archived