IGNORED

Development Team Lose To Late Goal

Fiale

Anyone else feel there is a re-occuring theme running through the club ?

20130820-brentfordu21report-1004544.aspx Opening day defeat for the development team.
City Under-21s suffered a last-gasp 2-1 defeat in their first Professional Development League game of the 2013/14 season at Brentford.

Paul Hayes’ late winner ended stubborn City resistance in the second 45, during which goalkeeper Elliot Parish saved a penalty kick.

Hayes had opened the scoring ten minutes before the interval only for Bobby Reid to restore parity from the penalty spot.

On the stroke of half-time Wes Burns skipped past his marker and cut the ball back for Aaron Amadi-Holloway in the area, who was bundled over. Reid made no mistake from 12 yards.

Midway through the second 45, Jack Batten was adjudged to have handled in the box. But Parish was up to the task to keep out Hayes spot-kick, pushing it against the crossbar.

Hayes was to have the last laugh, however, popping up at the death with the winner.

City Under-21s: Parish, Wilson, Batten, Brundle, Mitchell, Burns, Mafatu, Reid, Hall, Amadi-Holloway, Krans (Jordan 70). Subs not used: Fry, Paice, Horgan, Wollacott.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130820-brentfordu21report-1004544.aspx#po0DTQ1kq3HoQQ7o.99

Anyone else feel there is a re-occuring theme running through the club ?

20130820-brentfordu21report-1004544.aspx Opening day defeat for the development team.
City Under-21s suffered a last-gasp 2-1 defeat in their first Professional Development League game of the 2013/14 season at Brentford.

Paul Hayes’ late winner ended stubborn City resistance in the second 45, during which goalkeeper Elliot Parish saved a penalty kick.

Hayes had opened the scoring ten minutes before the interval only for Bobby Reid to restore parity from the penalty spot.

On the stroke of half-time Wes Burns skipped past his marker and cut the ball back for Aaron Amadi-Holloway in the area, who was bundled over. Reid made no mistake from 12 yards.

Midway through the second 45, Jack Batten was adjudged to have handled in the box. But Parish was up to the task to keep out Hayes spot-kick, pushing it against the crossbar.

Hayes was to have the last laugh, however, popping up at the death with the winner.

City Under-21s: Parish, Wilson, Batten, Brundle, Mitchell, Burns, Mafatu, Reid, Hall, Amadi-Holloway, Krans (Jordan 70). Subs not used: Fry, Paice, Horgan, Wollacott.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130820-brentfordu21report-1004544.aspx#po0DTQ1kq3HoQQ7o.99

Seems to be a bit of a re-occuring theme over the past few seasons. It must be a mental thing, not physical.

SoD wants all the squad to play like the first team

Not sure i agree with that, why did we play with two wingers v Brentford yesterday ?

Lewis Hall on the left and Wes Burns playing wide right.

i personally think the development squad should be an opportunity to try something different.

If we don't start winning games in L1, the philosophy will need to be challenged and as much as SOD doesn't play with traditional wingers, that could change.

so the Development league is where you look at developing those players who don't currently fit for whatever reason.

Not sure i agree with that, why did we play with two wingers v Brentford yesterday ?

i personally think the development squad should be an opportunity to try something different.

If we don't start winning games in L1, the philosophy will need to be challenged and as much as SOD doesn't play with traditional wingers, that could change.

so the Development league is where you look at developing those players who don't currently fit for whatever reason.

But you only think that because your lad is one such player.

Putting Wes aside for one second, your post makes precisely no sense. Encouraging these kids to play a different style and then asking one to step up into the first team is about the most illogical idea I've seen.

Was referring to late goals being conceded but nice post even so

But you only think that because your lad is one such player.

Putting Wes aside for one second, your post makes precisely no sense. Encouraging these kids to play a different style and then asking one to step up into the first team is about the most illogical idea I've seen.

I am not "encouraging" the team management to do anything ? wish i had that power !

i don't pick the squad or the formation

i am simply responding to a statement which claims the development team play precisely the same as the first team, well the truth is they dont.

i simply pointed out that that was not how the team were set up yesterday

what part of that doesn't make sense ?

its nothing to do with the players, its the formation we are talking about

Was referring to late goals being conceded but nice post even so

i know you were, and on that point i see where you are coming from, my response was to post number number 4 which suggested SOD wants the development team to play the same as the first team

on reading that post again, i think it was a tongue and cheek post... which went totally over my head the first time i read it :)

i know you were, and on that point i see where you are coming from, my response was to post number number 4 which suggested SOD wants the development team to play the same as the first team

on reading that post again, i think it was a tongue and cheek post... which went totally over my head the first time i read it :)

". which went totally over my head "

Is that you Fonts ?

Archived