IGNORED

Gareth Southgate - New Under 21 Boss

Brizzle Jordan

Maybe, but I'd argue that Wales's current team is much improved over the one 10 years ago. Whether these changes had anything to do with it is obviously debatable.

Can't agree with this. 10 years ago Wales beat Italy in a qualifier and lost a playoff for a place in the finals. They achieved that without Bale too. I was at the Italy game and they were magnificent that night (I'm not Welsh)

can't think it really matters by this time.

nothing southgate or anyone can do.the way they play football is ingrained by then.

as has been said so many times,boys don't learn the skills early enough.

look at the swansea game tonite,what did they end up with,5 or 6 spanish players on the pitch?

just except it,we'll never be a force in world football,(well not in my lifetime anyway)

Boro???? I would have preferred Hoddle or dario o'grady to him.

He was a manager at Boro, with Engkand he'll only be dealing with the squad he chooses and won't have to deal with all the other bollocks that comes with being manager, like transfers, wages, budgeting and focus on coaching the players.

Dario is in his 70s and retired (I think) should have been given the gig AGES ago the quality of the young players that have come out of Alex I'm amazed he has never been considered.

The FA sadly will never hire Hoddle again. He wasn't fired because he was crap!!

No beef with him at all other than he's got absolutely no qualifications to take this on - what has he done other than got the sack from Middlesbrough ?

He's just another off the production line of blazers which has resulted in us winning **** all for 50 years. Yes men with no idea how to move the English game forward.

He'll look after himself and secure the job for the next 3-5 years, during which time we have glorious failure in the quarter finals of whatever tournament we are in - as usual.

Shite, absolutely shite appointment.

But you offer no alternative?

In the minority clearly but of the options he'd be my first choice. I think there is a pretty good manager under there. Took/got the Boro job too early in his career. Think he has matured since, appreciates and learnt from the mistakes made and shall impress. Neck on the line I think he'll end up having a very good pedigree in management - just needs/needed someone to take the punt.

Archived