IGNORED

St Holders - Rovers Tickets - Relax Please !

The Red Planet

It is highly likely that the JPT Cup Rovers game will be a sell-out.

On the Club website today, there are reports of them being "inundated" with ticket purchase requests from ST holders for this fixture.

What's the hurry ?

If you are a ST holder (like me) your seat will be available exclusively to you until 5.30PM next Tuesday.

I will be buying tickets for me and my ST mates on that Tuesday afternoon.

If you read this and think I am a Dave L clone - not true, but please help the club deal with big ticket demand by spreading out purchases over the next few days.

With regard to the game - bring it on.

I can't wait to see the like of JET, Wynter and Pack set loose on the 2nd raters.

Incidentally, since I have not been on the Forum since last season, you will note that all three players mentioned above are new signings.

All of whom look good to me so far.

Well done SOD.

I think it's a myth that there has been a panic on.

We have sold 8,500 Season Tickets. We've had over 12,000 City fans in the ground for both home games this season.

We have Thursday, Friday, Saturday morning and Tuesday to purchase our seats.

That's 3.5 days for 8,500 fans.

That's around 2,500 per day on average if they spread their purchases evenly across the available days.

Add to this the fact that they are also on general sale at the moment too, and suddenly it's perfectly feasible for the club to expect at least 3,000 or more enquiries per day for the next 3.5 days.

The problem is sir, that the online ticketing is an absolute shambles and can't cope when more than 5 people log-in simultaneously, and the phoneline is therefore busier than they would anticipate, meaning fans are getting pretty peed off with hanging around for 10 minutes or more.

If online worked, then the phones wouldn't be as busy, and there wouldn't be an uproar.

The fact that multiple posters on here (as well as all over my facebook & twitter) have experienced problems today means there has been a significant issue. It's not just the usual 3 or 4 people moaning on here, there are large numbers of fans who have had a poor experience with this. I find it a tad rude when some people on here have been saying that they don't understand what the moaning is all about and what the rush is. Some fans have managed to get through and buy a ticket with no problems and that's all well and good for them, but clearly FAR too many have had problems, and are rightly f**ked off.

The club should have anticipated at least 3 or 4 thousand potential sales today, and no doubt they did. The fact that their new shiny system has crashed on them for the 5th time this season is the reason for the shambles, not the fact that fans want to buy tickets for a game which have been made available to purchase.

For those who think there's an unnecessary panic on, please explain how you would like us all to stagger our purchases?

Should we all hold on til Saturday? Should we just hang on til Tuesday? I don't know what the other 8,499 ST holders are doing. What if they all waited til Tuesday and the system crashed again then? Should those aged between 31-40 buy their tickets on Friday morning, those 41-50 go for Friday afternoon, under 20's Saturday morning?

Please, I want to know what the miracle solution is. What is the problem with fans wanting to buy a ticket on the day they become available?? The system should work, simple as that.

And to back up my thinking, I understand we have sold 2,800 tickets today.

So if we sell 2,800 tomorrow and 2,800 on Tuesday then that's our 8,400 season tickets done.

As I said, the club should know that there will be circa 3,000 sales per day over the first few days of release.

Demand has been normal, the system has been crump.

I don't understand people saying 'what's the rush' etc... The way they've handled ticketing thus far I would want to get in at the earliest opportunity and get a ticket. If the club are bigging themselves up about moving to a new partner with regards to ticketing then it should be able to handle the demand. I couldn't give a monkeys about the excuses, something like this game will always have a high demand on the first day- they should be able to cope, they've shown yet again that they can't.....

On the Club website today, there are reports of them being "inundated" with ticket purchase requests from ST holders for this fixture.

What's the hurry ?

If you are a ST holder (like me) your seat will be available exclusively to you until 5.30PM next Tuesday.

If you read this and think I am a Dave L clone - not true, but please help the club deal with big ticket demand by spreading out purchases over the next few days.

I can't wait to see the like of JET, Wynter and Pack set loose on the 2nd raters.

Incidentally, since I have not been on the Forum since last season, you will note that all three players mentioned above are new signings.

Well done SOD.

I assume you will be going to AG and doing this in person then? Because if you're willing to risk leaving it until Tuesday afternoon and doing it online or over the phone, best of luck to you.

I don't understand people saying 'what's the rush' etc... The way they've handled ticketing thus far I would want to get in at the earliest opportunity and get a ticket. If the club are bigging themselves up about moving to a new partner with regards to ticketing then it should be able to handle the demand. I couldn't give a monkeys about the excuses, something like this game will always have a high demand on the first day- they should be able to cope, they've shown yet again that they can't.....

I guessing these are the people who do their christmas shopping on the 24th Dec!

Yesterday, like everyone else, I couldn't get onto the system. Now I've managed to login..guess what? My season ticket doesn't show up so I can't book my seat!

Unless people have complete confidence in the system, I'd be wary and book as soon as you can. Better safe than sorry!

I think it's a myth that there has been a panic on.

We have sold 8,500 Season Tickets. We've had over 12,000 City fans in the ground for both home games this season.

We have Thursday, Friday, Saturday morning and Tuesday to purchase our seats.

That's 3.5 days for 8,500 fans.

That's around 2,500 per day on average if they spread their purchases evenly across the available days.

Add to this the fact that they are also on general sale at the moment too, and suddenly it's perfectly feasible for the club to expect at least 3,000 or more enquiries per day for the next 3.5 days.

The problem is sir, that the online ticketing is an absolute shambles and can't cope when more than 5 people log-in simultaneously, and the phoneline is therefore busier than they would anticipate, meaning fans are getting pretty peed off with hanging around for 10 minutes or more.

If online worked, then the phones wouldn't be as busy, and there wouldn't be an uproar.

The fact that multiple posters on here (as well as all over my facebook & twitter) have experienced problems today means there has been a significant issue. It's not just the usual 3 or 4 people moaning on here, there are large numbers of fans who have had a poor experience with this. I find it a tad rude when some people on here have been saying that they don't understand what the moaning is all about and what the rush is. Some fans have managed to get through and buy a ticket with no problems and that's all well and good for them, but clearly FAR too many have had problems, and are rightly f**ked off.

The club should have anticipated at least 3 or 4 thousand potential sales today, and no doubt they did. The fact that their new shiny system has crashed on them for the 5th time this season is the reason for the shambles, not the fact that fans want to buy tickets for a game which have been made available to purchase.

For those who think there's an unnecessary panic on, please explain how you would like us all to stagger our purchases?

Should we all hold on til Saturday? Should we just hang on til Tuesday? I don't know what the other 8,499 ST holders are doing. What if they all waited til Tuesday and the system crashed again then? Should those aged between 31-40 buy their tickets on Friday morning, those 41-50 go for Friday afternoon, under 20's Saturday morning?

Please, I want to know what the miracle solution is. What is the problem with fans wanting to buy a ticket on the day they become available?? The system should work, simple as that.

Well 4,600 home tickets have now been purchased so I think we will break that bracket today!

Possibly up to 6,000 by the end of the day.

What's the hurry ?

Well done SOD.

I dont read it like that matey. You got until Thursday night to get your ticket?

Season ticket holders in the Dolman, Williams and Atyeo Stands will now have until 5pm on Thursday (August 29th) to secure their seat. It is hoped these extra two days will allow all those supporters wishing to purchase will be able to do so.

For season ticket holders in the Wedlock Stand, who have been unable to book online at all, the deadline has been extended until close of play next Tuesday (September 3rd). Given the popularity of the ‘East End’, there will be no sales to non-season ticket holders.

Read more at http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/20130827-cityroverstickets-1004754.aspx#5QwZQ2578KvPsGW0.99

I told you not to panic.

I went to the club shop at 2pm this afternoon to buy Rovers tickets for me and my two mates.

No queue at all.

And anyway - I see from the OS that the club have extended the deadline for ST holders to claim their seats for this game to Thursday.

Yeah thanks for telling us not too panic. Glad you were able to get yours so easy.

I'm down in Plymouth so don't have the option of collecting in person, I can't order it online so I'm left with the phone. I spent 4 & half hours trying to get through today, 9 attempts out of 10 were just engaged signal. On each occasion I did get through it just rang & rang until it eventually went to mailbox. I tried pressing 0 as was suggested on here and then it just rang & rang & rang & rang & rang & rang.......well you get the point. Nothing to tell me if I'm in a queue, nothing to suggest that anyone is even going to answer......just ringing. After 15 mins I hung up and started the whole process again. At 1.30 I gave up. Now I have until thursday to secure my seat...... well **** that I am not wasting any more of my time so I won't panic I will just save my money and watch it on tv now

Yeah thanks for telling us not too panic. Glad you were able to get yours so easy.

I'm down in Plymouth so don't have the option of collecting in person, I can't order it online so I'm left with the phone. I spent 4 & half hours trying to get through today, 9 attempts out of 10 were just engaged signal. On each occasion I did get through it just rang & rang until it eventually went to mailbox. I tried pressing 0 as was suggested on here and then it just rang & rang & rang & rang & rang & rang.......well you get the point. Nothing to tell me if I'm in a queue, nothing to suggest that anyone is even going to answer......just ringing. After 15 mins I hung up and started the whole process again. At 1.30 I gave up. Now I have until thursday to secure my seat...... well **** that I am not wasting any more of my time so I won't panic I will just save my money and watch it on tv now

See, if you didn't live in such a dive of a place then you could have bought a season ticket, purchased online (very easy) and then print your e-ticket equivalent. :)

Archived