IGNORED

Sod Post Interview, Our 'deja Vu' Performance

hippy273

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl-lddfh57Y

First up no i wasn't at the game today so i can't give an honest/detailed opinion. Based on the commentary and Twentyman's verdict and this, it sounds like a repeat of Coventry's second half (when we made it to 3-3 they scored then we scored). I'm starting to get the impression the defenders are thinking once we score the game is ours until they score, then the urgency kicks in again until we score and so on and so forth. Seriously what is the point in scoring if only half a team is going to perform at the front and the back just aren't picking up the long balls or passes through the middle that do get through. It certainly sounds like i didn't need to see the game for another repeat performance of what has been, it's becoming a little predictable and If we keep this up and JET will certainly be gone in January if he has to keep telling the others to play up, anyone who went notice anything different about our game? just trying to build a picture.

Just watched the interview on youtube. To be fair to SOD, he has bucked the trend of managers covering up for players under-performance - even the younger ones (Reid, Bryan, Wynter) - using words like naive and liability. Good! Tell things how it is and let's see who have the balls to stand up and be counted, and who would rather sulk about being told their performance wasn't up to scratch this time.

In some respects it's quite good as we're identifying the weaknesses very early on in the season whilst we've still got time to do something about it.

I'm glad he's looking to sign two fullbacks as both goals against came down our right side.

I'm not saying Maloney was at fault - it was hard to tell being down the other end - but it could be that James O'Connor might make us a little bit more street wise and help to guide other players.

Archived