IGNORED

I Am Not A Customer - I Am A Fan

Bat Fastard

The club controls the contracts Jordan and as far as I am concerned I am purchasing items/services from Bristol City football club as that's the banner from which they operate, so for me it's down to the club to rectify.

And as far as I'm aware this is a forum of opinions about the football club, this is exactly where the discussions should be, as well as contacting the club directly.

In the interests of clarity I'm not sure the club has a contract for player, I think that is done by the whole football league - so unless the club wanted to drop out of the league they don't have many options or choices of what to use.

I completely agree with most issues raised in this thread.

I suspect most Conference sides are better run than us.

Forest Green Rovers - as a Conference side - are well run and this has translated into them being a few divisions above the level you'd expect them to be playing at. They're punching well above their weight and it'd be like us doing well in the Premiership.

At ****** last, someone who is stating the glaring truth! For all too many at this club, from top to bottom, doing better than the Gas is the most important thing..it should be doing better than Crapdiff....that should be our aspiration rather than a fourth rate bunch of pikeys who have only just got their own ground after what thirty chuffin' years...

well said Gobsta...well said..

Can't really argue with that and would certainly hope we're looking above us rather than below when we're deciding how this club is run.

That's something else we can hate the sags for ........ gradually dragging us down to their level!!! :grr:

At ****** last, someone who is stating the glaring truth! For all too many at this club, from top to bottom, doing better than the Gas is the most important thing..it should be doing better than Crapdiff....that should be our aspiration rather than a fourth rate bunch of pikeys who have only just got their own ground after what thirty chuffin' years...

well said Gobsta...well said..

Thank you Sir. I remember us playing Chelsea in the old Div 2 in the 1980/81 season. A 0-0 away bore draw and a 0-0 home bore draw if memory serves me correct. We had our problems soon after and so did Chelsea because they almost went out of business as well. Chelsea had Ken Bates buy them for a £quid and he bought their debt as well, then they almost lost their ground to developers. The point I'm making is that plenty of other clubs have severe problems on and off the pitch and they seem to recover, so what is it about this club that we never seem to be able to recover and always manage to underachieve. Are we under some kind of jinx? :ph34r:

My levels of intellectual energy have never been particularly high - and as one of the most intelligent people that I have ever met, it would be a good thing if you could articulate the problems to the powers that be. I am in the process of being degraded to the status of "armchair supporter" - and you know how upsetting it can be to carry that label ;-)

Nobody is fooled by your customary self-effacement BF and none better placed to articulate the problems than your good self.

Useability testing should be a key phase in introducing any new system - be it online, telephonic or face-to-face - however it is often neglected in the rush to market as a (false) cost-cutting measure. If I had a fiver for every time I'd heard a developer say their software didn't need a help system because "its intuitive" I could join you in the ranks of the retired ... what they unwittingly mean is that it is intuitive to them and their ilk ... but for them to have a working knowledge of their end user's experience is as rare as City keeping a clean sheet.

Nobody is fooled by your customary self-effacement BF and none better placed to articulate the problems than your good self.

Useability testing should be a key phase in introducing any new system - be it online, telephonic or face-to-face - however it is often neglected in the rush to market as a (false) cost-cutting measure. If I had a fiver for every time I'd heard a developer say their software didn't need a help system because "its intuitive" I could join you in the ranks of the retired ... what they unwittingly mean is that it is intuitive to them and their ilk ... but for them to have a working knowledge of their end user's experience is as rare as City keeping a clean sheet.

Now that is exactly what I mean - you always have that magic ability to identify and illuminate problems and solutions. I am a stammering, bumbling idiot in comparison - Red'Un for fans representative I say!!

:source:

I believe that BCFC chose the appalling Lindley's for the same reason as did Glos CCC - they give the maximum financial return to the club. The fact that the food is expensive pigswill doesn't matter to the club management, because they don't eat it.

Not so much of a problem at Nevil Road because I can come and go as I please and get a good meal at the Sportsman just down the road. A real problem for evening matches at the Gate.

My source is a regular poster on here.

The fact that BCFC and Glos CCC both use the same caterer and Sextoy worked for both could be coincidence...

Forest Green Rovers - as a Conference side - are well run and this has translated into them being a few divisions above the level you'd expect them to be playing at. They're punching well above their weight and it'd be like us doing well in the Premier League.

Or, to leave the realms of fantasy, like Swansea doing well in the Premier League.

My source is a regular poster on here.

The fact that BCFC and Glos CCC both use the same caterer and Sextoy worked for both could be coincidence...

Probably, because GCCC only signed a contract with Lindley's this season. Before that it was Fosters who were excellent.

My software doesn't need a help system because it IS intuitive. But then I base my interfaces on video games and fruit machines that HAVE to be intuitive. Have you ever seen someone in a pub thumbing through a 500-page manual or looking for the F1 key?

I know it's intuitive not because I know how to work it, bur because I can watch a typical user making it work without my help or intervention. A typical user, that is, not his boss's boss or another IT professional. Pity no one did that with our new ticketing system.

BTW, I thought the old ticketmaster system was pretty intuitive. As others have said, I'd be happy to pay the fee for a system that actually worked.

I have just had an email from someone from the player website who tells me that if I log on three times in two hours that my account will automatically be frozen for two hours. We live in the country and our email signal is beamed. During bad weather we suffer from regular outages - if those happened at the wrong time I could be barred from listening to the remainder of a match. Is it just me - roar these people totally unhelpful? They must be able to tell who is logged on so how could I be cheating them? Crap service and no respect. When it goes off due to their fault - can I log back in? Those who use the service will know how dickie it can be.

Bat, it's just as bad here in BS7 with Sodding Virgin Media (I think that's the official name). It drops out at random intervals, usually during a long download. Then, on the fourth attempt, SVM decided that you've exceeded your fair usage and halves your data rate, dropping your line to do so.

If you're right, that would result on Player dropping me for two hours. I'm fortunate enough to get Radio Bristol (never thought I'd say that) , so I gave up on Player years ago.

Does anyone know how I can get radio Bristol here outside Taunton. Driving home after the match, I lose the signal about four miles from home. I would rather spend £100 or more on a radio than dive another penny to those bastards.

I'm no electronics expert, but it sounds to me as if it's an new aerial you need, not a new radio. Or you could move to a different areal ;)

So - you are saying that the answer is the areal?

Yes. You're living in an areal with poor reception. What you need us a better aerial that can get good reception in your areal.

Seriously, FM works on line of sight, at least in the daytime. If it's only a low hill between you and the transmitter, a tall aerial might, but only might, pick up a signal in your areal.

My latest brush with the club further emphasises the gulf between them and me. There was a bog up about renewing the player facility to listen to the game. I was told that I should have had my account frozen because I had tried to log in more than once in my frustration. Just when I was about to listen to the match!!

This is just another unsatisfactory incident following on from ticketing fiascos, problems with getting in to the ground, parking.........lousy food, difficulty in getting a pee in the Dolman - and lots more.

The trouble is that our "wet behind the ears" management are treating us as customers and not fans - they clearly do not understand the difference. A customer can choose to take their custom elsewhere - a fan cannot. If I could choose not to do business with a company that treats it's "customers" so badly - I would. I cannot vote with my feet and start supporting Yeovil, Rovers or the Mangos. After nearly 50 years of supporting City I feel frustrated at nearly every turn - and it must be due to the people who run our club.

How can they display such gross incompetence at every turn? How can they not understand that us elderly fans ar confused by all this technology - Customer Relationship Management they call it!!

Having spent tens of thousands of pounds supporting City - it would be nice to get a bit of respect. All I can do is not buy the food or merchandise in protest. I know many lifelong fans who have now stopped being active supporters because of the issues such as those mentioned. The people running our club are costing the club a fortune. For two pins - and if I could get a reliable radio signal in Taunton, I would stop going to the games and listen on the radio. But why should these people drive me away from one of the greatest passions in my life?

It feels very personal. Does anyone else feel the same?

I have also followed the City for sixty years. But up to this season i have managed to use the technology to buy/order season tickets. Now i am being told that my seat has been sold for the Rovers Game !!!!!

Why has this club needed to change the technology, i guess money comes into the equation.

Like a simple soul i went to Ashton Gate this morning to try and buy my ticket. I found it closed.

More fool me, seeing that their has been large cues over the last couple of days.

I perhaps thought this club would be eager to quickly sell me a ticket, which would help (in a small way) to reduce the 50 million of debt ?

I had a round trip of thirty miles, but who will really cares. After all i am just another customer willing to give my money.

Well perhaps the Golden Goose is beginning to see the light.

Big Dave - if you were simply a customer, how long would you have stayed with City? They don't deserve some of he loyalty and passion that we bestow upon them. Maybe we need a deputation to see the boss, who will understand the perspective of us senior citizens.......not!

Archived