IGNORED

"sammy Baldock"

Dolman Block B

Here we go again,a player does well obviously we'll have to sell him,some Will say hé 's under contract And going now here ,others Will say we should sell for x million.

In a short time people Will start slagging him off as greedy,saying If hé does n't want to play for us hé can do one .

Soon bottles of coke will launch thèm selves mysteriously onto the pitch accompanied by merited abuse of said player,probably at Portishead in front of everyone the player knows.

Otib Will go into meltdown ,Aizoon's pric kles Will turn white And drop off,Bigtone will shrink,,there will be a JR about Woodsy ,we Will witness the biggest bitch fest since ... Well the last one And Life Will go on as usual.

Big up to you all

Here we go again,a player does well obviously we'll have to sell him,some Will say hé 's under contract And going now here ,others Will say we should sell for x million.

In a short time people Will start slagging him off as greedy,saying If hé does n't want to play for us hé can do one .

Soon bottles of coke will launch thèm selves mysteriously onto the pitch accompanied by merited abuse of said player,probably at Portishead in front of everyone the player knows.

Otib Will go into meltdown ,Aizoon's pric kles Will turn white And drop off,Bigtone will shrink,,there will be a JR about Woodsy ,we Will witness the biggest bitch fest since ... Well the last one And Life Will go on as usual.

Big up to you all

It never occured to me that we'd sell SB AFTER selling Davies, I thought it was one of two!

The reopt in EP quite shocked me (yes I know). It will be a shame if he goes as well.

Baldock tends to score the difficult goals and miss the easy chances - not a bad way round because sooner or later - when his confidence is fired right up? - he's going to take a greater percentage of the easier ones and we'll have a consistent top goalscorer on our hands.

I'm one of the many on here who were unconvinced by Baldock after last season (and viewing his career strike record) but let's face it when one of your strikers is smashing them home like he is at the moment you can't help but be impressed.

Some of his goals are of Pitmanesque quality with early and devastating finishes which look out of place in this league. Long may he keep it up and stay injury free and he may yet be the 20+ goal scorer many on here seemed convinced he had been in previous seasons.

A very impressive start to the season - keep it up Sam, you're winning me over.

If we sell Sam then we might as well all leave the building, hand back the keys, with the last one out turning the lights off!

On another note seeing Leyton Orient at the top of the table has given me such a reality check to how far we have sunk it's untrue.

I've always rated him and felt he was capable of 20 this season but one thing that never ceases to amaze me about some goalscorers is how much their touch improves when they have half a chance to score.

His first touches for those two goals were nothing short of sublime.

Put them in that situation in the middle of the park and they tend to just bounce off them!!

lets hope his form continues.

Needs to be offside less that's for sure!

It just highlights how vital he is to us at the moment. We desperately need him to stay fit. We are short on numbers up top with him, so if we were to lose him before the window shuts or he gets injured we've had it at present. If he carries on his present form he will bag 20 this season with ease.

As has been mentioned though he does need to take the easier chances presented to him.

What makes you so sureof that? I think making him team captain was a great move by S.O.D

Because nO team in league 1 will spend £1 million plus on a player, and no team in the championship will spend that money on someone who has proved to be average at best at their level...

Now in the summer whn he has one year left on his deal....then clubs will come sniffing.

Because nO team in league 1 will spend £1 million plus on a player, and no team in the championship will spend that money on someone who has proved to be average at best at their level...

Now in the summer whn he has one year left on his deal....then clubs will come sniffing.

Well clearly from his quotes after the match on Saturday O'Driscoll is worried that he will lose him this week, and Richard Latham in the Sunday Independent has been saying for weeks that he expects him to go within this transfer window. Any Championship club looking for a striker at an affordable price are bound to have an eye on Baldock at the moment. What makes you think no Championship club will spend £1m? I think there are several Championship clubs that are very likely to spend that sort of money for the right player.

Really, so I'm just imagining that West Ham did just this when they were in the Championship?

It wouldn't just be about paying a fee it would be about meeting his wages too. Was a lot of talk on here about how much Baldock was on, if they were anywhere near accurate it would be one very expensive deal for a player I still don't think's proved himself at Championship level. If he scores 25 goals this year with a year left on his contract it's a different story but right now I'm not so sure.

Well clearly from his quotes after the match on Saturday O'Driscoll is worried that he will lose him this week, and Richard Latham in the Sunday Independent has been saying for weeks that he expects him to go within this transfer window. Any Championship club looking for a striker at an affordable price are bound to have an eye on Baldock at the moment. What makes you think no Championship club will spend £1m? I think there are several Championship clubs that are very likely to spend that sort of money for the right player.

But would they spend £1 million on someone who is proven to be not good enough at that level? Add into it FFP can't see any teams in for Baldock.

Like I said when his contract runs down and he is cheaper then that'll change.

Archived