IGNORED

Big John Akinde

Stockwood gate

I always have kept a eye on john career after leaving the city and noticed he has signed for Alfreton town in the conference and played 4 games scoring 4 goals with a hat trick in one game there manager is raving about him fair shout big john

He was fabulous at Ebbsfleet and I'm sure he will be at Alfreton. Think the jump was a bit too far, shame.

Was he simply not good enough or was his attitude not right? Genuine question as i remember gary and pete saying he could go as far as he wanted in the game. Also heard 2 seperate scouts on talk sport saying they spotted him at ebsfleet and were disapointed when the clubs they were working with were too late and we got in first.

Was he simply not good enough or was his attitude not right? Genuine question as i remember gary and pete saying he could go as far as he wanted in the game. Also heard 2 seperate scouts on talk sport saying they spotted him at ebsfleet and were disapointed when the clubs they were working with were too late and we got in first.

Gary and Pete eh. Could always spot Championship quality players, Ebsfleet were laughing all the way to the bank on that one. Don't know what those scouts were smoking but it must have been good stuff.

Anyway nice to see the lad doing well for himself. Possibly still young enough to make it back into the FL at a later stage?

Archived