IGNORED

Millen Reception?

BRISTOL86

What sort of reception do we think Millen will get tonight?

I noticed he commented in the EP today that he didn't know what to expect, a bit sad really. Whatever people thought of his ability as manager he was a good servant to the club in his many years here.

Hopefully the idiots that cheer Holloway will drown out anyone aiming any boos at KM.

Yeah Holloway gave us a good clap at the end to be fair to him but Millen didn't, think he is still bitter about how it ended here.

Applaud Holloway? Unforunately, I couldn't get to the game tonight (can't walk very well due to an injury) but please tell me we didn't applaud that gas bas*ard?

He's the epitome of the gas and, maybe I'm getting old, I can't stand him!

Applaud Holloway? Unforunately, I couldn't get to the game tonight (can't walk very well due to an injury) but please tell me we didn't applaud that gas bas*ard?

He's the epitome of the gas and, maybe I'm getting old, I can't stand him!

Happened last time he was at Ashton Gate aswell, embarrassing!

Holloway is hated on here by a hundred or so (if that) and a small amount of the fans in the stands.

Panto villain would best describe him.

I actually find it cringe worthy when forum members give their keyboards a good ol' bash, preaching such hate etc.

Really? The blokes a cringe worthy, attention seeking bell end. Said some horrendous things about City in the past too. The fact he is a Gas head just makes it worse.

Can't stand the bloke gas head or not and the only cringe worthy thing IMO is city fans licking his arse!

Really? The blokes a cringe worthy, attention seeking bell end. Said some horrendous things about City in the past too. The fact he is a Gas head just makes it worse.

Can't stand the bloke gas head or not and the only cringe worthy thing IMO is city fans licking his arse!

There's another one.

"Oh, he said such nasty, bad and horrible things about us in the past."

And.......

Every City fan should feel anger deep in the heart. It should be included in all history lessons at primary school level across South Bristol?!

I see your point now.

I hope my tongue is now firmly set between his sweaty ass cheeks, just for you.

There's another one.

"Oh, he said such nasty, bad and horrible things about us in the past."

And.......

Every City fan should feel anger deep in the heart. It should be included in all history lessons at primary school level across South Bristol?!

I see your point now.

I hope my tongue is now firmly set between his sweaty ass cheeks, just for you.

Can't get to sleep now with that image in my head.

Holloway is hated on here by a hundred or so (if that) and a small amount of the fans in the stands.

Panto villain would best describe him.

I actually find it cringe worthy when forum members give their keyboards a good ol' bash, preaching such hate etc.

Absolute garbage!

Ian Holloway is 'as I said' the epitome' of gas anti-City vitriol. Just search on youtube and you will find it. I have had the mispleasure of meeting him as I live near his parents and Mr Sunshine funny Sky sports comedian turns into a different beast once he knows you're a City fan.

If you want to blow smoke up his ass, that's your choice but I despise the man as an epitome of what the gas were and their attitude towards our club. Maybe you weren't around then but I have no problem at all being one of your 'hundred'.

Absolute garbage!

Ian Holloway is 'as I said' the epitome' of gas anti-City vitriol. Just search on youtube and you will find it. I have had the mispleasure of meeting him as I live near his parents and Mr Sunshine funny Sky sports comedian turns into a different beast once he knows you're a City fan.

If you want to blow smoke up his ass, that's your choice but I despise the man as an epitome of what the gas were and their attitude towards our club. Maybe you weren't around then but I have no problem at all being one of your 'hundred'.

Indeed, pantomime villain is his public persona to city fans. His real behaviour, when the cameras are not around is a tad different. Vile man!

It looked to me as though the Williams were clapping Millen, but Skeletor thought they were applauding him, so he raised his arms and clapped back. Conceited ****!

Indeed, Harry - taking advantage of a cup game I was sat in the Williams instead of the EE last night and both got a mixed reaction. Bit of half-hearted clapping from some fans (for both) bit of half-hearted jeering from others (hard to tell if it was aimed at both).

You'd have to ask each and every individual and do a (Graham) poll to know the 'reception' each got. I could certainly hear the EE weren't in any mood to clap Ollowead.

Whilst I would stop short of hating him - life's too short for hate and there's too much sh*t going on in the world for that - but in no way am I going to clap the clown. As ciderup and BITW say, he is the epitome of late 1980s gAssholes when they really got up our noses with foul play, whinging and living in Bath. He is indeed, BITW, an attention-seeking pr*ck - why else would he make his otherwise 'hilarious' comments about badgers in taxis and awful tripe like that (which, in his accent, makes us Bristolians sound awful - he is NOT a good advert for our fair City). Partly he wants to cover up his uncouth, illiterate rage as a manager (he spent the entire game hoarsely barking indecipherable messages that no Palace player seemed to understand or take on board) and partly he's after a job in the media when it all caves in.

The Williams, though, are a law unto themselves: there probably were some in there clapping him, and - I think you'll find it's more than a hundred or so, Scrumpy - the thousands who can't stand the tw*t obviously don't sit in there. I think if he made an appearance next Wednesday, even in a red shirt, we'd have a better idea of people's true feelings towards him. People saving their bile, I think.

Don't try raising your voice above whispering level in the Williams, mind: you'll have some faceless soul shouting "Shut Up!" at you, as I did last night. And that was at one of my more positive comments for the City!! Bloody hell!

Unfortunatelty, Skeletor brought his reserves down and set out to get knocked out (not taking anything away from us at all) and so some rancour I'd saved up for a while went untapped. Not that I'd dare let loose in the Williams, mind.

As for the game, I thought we played crisply at times, JET was fantastic - how he got out of that melee by the Atyeo in the 2nd half, with a twist and a shout, I'll never know - for a bloke his size he is nimble alright. The same cannot be said of Marlon Harewood though. Woof. That bloke is as round as a sequoia tree, never mind parking the bus, you could drive the bus through him. Joe Bryan was superb, beating his man time and again (if not quite always delivering a cross) and Bobby Reid again showed skilful, delicate touches but I fear he looks too lightweight. especially stood next to Flint and SequoiaMan.

The one thing missing was giving Reid the ball more - it was a perfect game for us to see what he might have been like on the ball lots, driving us forward as we've seen him do in the reserves (which is a different kettle of fish but when else could we really try him out?) Can he deliver that destructive ball in to Baldrick? Can he slip past two men regularly (he has done a couple of times this season) and find someone in space? Is he capable of affecting a game for an hour, 70 mins or more? It was a bit of an opportunity missed to see him in full flow, especially with Kilkenny absent (thank Chr*st - we look so much better without him, he's been playing regularly since 2004 and if he's only League 1 now there's something all the other managers who aren't interested in him aren't telling us. Technically gifted, but effectively nowt - in League 1 we need less of the former, more of the latter).

What Elliott and Fonts showed they can effect is heading the ball whilst on the ground - two classic moments!

Great win for morale if nothing else last night, but somehow next week's game in a smaller cup feels bigger...

I thought the title of this thread was 'Millen Reception' and all it seems to be is Holloway this Holloway that .....

That's the difference between a non-entity like Millen and someone who gives us grief. Threads wibble and wobble, mate.

I read Great Expectations once but didn't say to myself, "I thought the title of this book said great Expectations...it's nothing but Magwitch this and cobwebby wedding tables that..."

Archived