IGNORED

Gary Johnson - At It Again

Tomo

To be fair to Holloway he was given stick on here for critcising the referee who gave the penalty against Spurs on the opening day and after chelsea v villa and manu v chelsea he has a point, the equilibrium needs to come from the footballing authorities and one eyed referees.

If he did what GJ did he would be hung up to dry by us and rightly so.

Whatever happens and if we as fans agree or disagree, the ref and officials officiate, that's not the managers job.

Whatever happens and if we as fans agree or disagree, the ref and officials officiate, that's not the managers job.

Non argument he played to the letter of the law and the ref and officials did officiate and allowed the goal.

The kicking out of the ball and returning it to the opposition was a sportsman like gesture for possible serious head injuries and like most sportsman like gestures in professional football it has been hijacked and abused by the so called professional sportsmen.

GJ did nothing wrong he played to rules Brum did not that is why the goal was allowed.

Absolutely, well said. The double standards with this are breathtaking. Since when has football been sporting? Players time waste, feign injuries, ask the ref to card other players, elbow, occasionally bite, but woe betide anyone who doesn't return the ball in these circumstances. I can remember in the promotion season of 1989-90 a situation where an opposition player was down in the opposition box and Rob Newman screamed for the ball, because the injured player was playing him onside. We scored and no one complained, in fact everyone saw it as a bit of quick thinking. Anyone remember that?

Yes, but my memory says Bob Taylor.

Had a Brum player gone down following a clash of heads or an obvious serious injury, then GJ , or any manager, would be rightly condemned for "abusing" the resulting throw in to score a goal.

However, as has been pointed out in other posts, in what has become a cynical game these days, this act of so called sportsmanship has all too often been hijacked and become gamesmanship. It seems blindingly obvious that the Brum player feigned injury to waste time and take momentum out of the game, so if they were prepared to abuse the "kick it out for a throw in" routine, then why should Yeovil be obliged to follow the " give it back to them " routine?

I agree completely with another poster, who pointed out that when players are diving, trying to get opposition players booked or sent off, feigning injury, shirt pulling etc. etc. i.e. cheating to gain an advantage at almost every opportunity, it is a bit rich to cry foul when one of these cheating exercises blows up in their faces.

Andy Hinchcliffe blethering on Sky about how it was outrageous blah, blah, blah (on Yeovil's part). A) ref's decision if there's an injury and b) if a team kicks it out for an opponent's injury, fair enough to expect the ball back, but kicking it out for their own team mate, why expect the ball back? Ditto to those above pointing that if any team were cheating in this incident it was Birmingham. All this faux angst in football about sportsmanship is ludicrous given time wasting, diving etc. When Lee Clarke sends out 11 players with strict instructions to play honestly, I'll have a bit more sympathy, until then...

Non argument he played to the letter of the law and the ref and officials did officiate and allowed the goal.

The kicking out of the ball and returning it to the opposition was a sportsman like gesture for possible serious head injuries and like most sportsman like gestures in professional football it has been hijacked and abused by the so called professional sportsmen.

GJ did nothing wrong he played to rules Brum did not that is why the goal was allowed.

The bit that I can't get my head around is that the player who got the head injury was Burn ? ( think that's his name).

Anyway, my point is that GJ had him at Yeovil on loan all last season and tried to keep him this season. GJ must know his character and must like it,in that case why did he think he was cheating. If you work with a player and then want him back again in your team you must feel he's a good honest pro.

GJ basically branded him a cheat,so why was he so keen to sign that player again?

I heard Warnock on talk sport today having a pop at Johnson about the Palace phantom goal.

I think GJ and Yeovil bottled it big time on this one though. Funny how Dan Burn (ex Yeovil loanee) was writhing around in agony but made a miraculous recovery to protest about the goal being scored. It was time wasting at its best so I think Brum got what they deserved.

Plus Lee Clark is an idiot. GJ shouldn't have done him any favours.

To be fair I've half enjoyed listening to Warnock on Talksport of late but the bloke really is an absolute cretin. How can he say that game against us nearly got them relegated? What about the other 45 games in the season?

He really does talk some shit. He thinks he's shit don't stink!

To be fair I've half enjoyed listening to Warnock on Talksport of late but the bloke really is an absolute cretin. How can he say that game against us nearly got them relegated? What about the other 45 games in the season?

He really does talk some shit. He thinks he's shit don't stink!

Another colin classic, apparently we're to blame for freddie sears being 5hit............

"As for poor Sears, he never did score for Palace. He went back to West Ham but goals continued to be hard to come by and he's now at Colchester United in League One. Just think how his future might have worked out had that goal counted. Goalscorers thrive on confidence and he was robbed of a goal that could have kick-started his career."

The bloke is a cretin of the highest order

Another colin classic, apparently we're to blame for freddie sears being 5hit............

"As for poor Sears, he never did score for Palace. He went back to West Ham but goals continued to be hard to come by and he's now at Colchester United in League One. Just think how his future might have worked out had that goal counted. Goalscorers thrive on confidence and he was robbed of a goal that could have kick-started his career."

He is a self-pitying, hypocritical, parrot faced Yorkshire cvnt whose inadequacies as a manager have been cruelly exposed every time he was a the helm of a club without more money than its league rivals. I loathe the tvat.

It's never his fault mind....never. Even Ferguson was a better loser than that penguin from batman look a like *****.

He just embarrasses himself time after time. Absolutely no class what so ever and the game has simply passed him by. He has always been horribly exposed when he has gone it to the prem as well. Not his fault mind....

His comment about Sears is just ludicrous. Typical Warnock to be honest.

It's never his fault mind....never. Even Ferguson was a better loser than that penguin from batman look a like *****.

He just embarrasses himself time after time. Absolutely no class what so ever and the game has simply passed him by. He has always been horribly exposed when he has gone it to the prem as well. Not his fault mind....

His comment about Sears is just ludicrous. Typical Warnock to be honest.

Danny DeVito had more class and integrity in his big pointy nose in that film than Uncle Colin has full stop...

He is a self-pitying, hypocritical, parrot faced Yorkshire cvnt whose inadequacies as a manager have been cruelly exposed every time he was a the helm of a club without more money than its league rivals. I loathe the tvat.

Hear hear. The sooner that cheating scumbag with no integrity whatsoever is finally disassociated from the game the better.

Going back on topic, i'm watching a live french game and the home side were in a very dangerous attacking position, a defender was down in the box but sat up, clearly not a head injury, clearly not life threatening but the attacker put the ball out for some reason, 30 seconds later the opposing keeper is launching the ball into the home sides penalty area from the resulting throw when the game restarted, i'm sorry it's getting ******* stupid, what next kicking the ball out when an opponents lace is undone?, lets have it like rugby where the scene is like a battlefield and trainers are dealing with injuries as the game is carrying on unless it's a head injury or life threatening, this is an act of sportsmanship that has gotten out of hand and is being abused.

Whenever Colin brings up bad sportsmanship etc, you only need to bring up Sheff Utd v West Brom. Maybe to extend the interview, they should have gone on to ask Gary Megson for his views on Colin.

If you don't know about the Sheff Utd v West Brom game, YouTube it......

Wonder if any journalist has countered his argument with that Sheffield United WBA game... bet they haven't dared to.

Going back on topic, i'm watching a live french game and the home side were in a very dangerous attacking position, a defender was down in the box but sat up, clearly not a head injury, clearly not life threatening but the attacker put the ball out for some reason, 30 seconds later the opposing keeper is launching the ball into the home sides penalty area from the resulting throw when the game restarted, i'm sorry it's getting ******* stupid, what next kicking the ball out when an opponents lace is undone?, lets have it like rugby where the scene is like a battlefield and trainers are dealing with injuries as the game is carrying on unless it's a head injury or life threatening, this is an act of sportsmanship that has gotten out of hand and is being abused.

Spot on, the reason we have referees is because without them ALL the players and managers would cheat and get away with it, feigning injury to stop play is one of the worst types of gamesmanship, ALL decisions to stop play should lie with the referee, end of problem.

Whenever Colin brings up bad sportsmanship etc, you only need to bring up Sheff Utd v West Brom. Maybe to extend the interview, they should have gone on to ask Gary Megson for his views on Colin.

If you don't know about the Sheff Utd v West Brom game, YouTube it......

Even DMC scored in that one! Then got nutted.

That game has one if the worst tackles I've ever seen. Well worth a watch.

Wonder if any journalist has countered his argument with that Sheffield United WBA game... bet they haven't dared to.

It annoys me that they're all scared to question someone likd him when he is clearly being a complete tosser.

We must remember Warnock is whiter than white.

It annoys me that they're all scared to question someone likd him when he is clearly being a complete tosser.

We must remember Warnock is whiter than white.

And to think when Del got the axe or was going to get the axe some of our fans were crying out for Colin to take over at the helm.

Must have short memories with the incidents mentioned and others to boot, personally wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

Archived