IGNORED

Tonights Programme

Pearcy

I never understand why programmes are downsized for these sort of games?

Not large crowds expected, not much time to prepare - not the need to sell adverts

I would buy a programme if it literally had, 2 squads on the back, SODs message and possibly something interesting about the away team. A cheeky half time quiz if there's still space to be filled.

I frequently see programmes sell out these days, is this a sign of the times? (less being printed)

I frequently see programmes sell out these days, is this a sign of the times? (less being printed)

Yes, City are printing far fewer and the programme sellers sell out before the game.

Oddly, although the programme sellers never have enough and the Wolves programme "sold out", I did see one in the club shop when I bought my Palarse ticket, so it may be worth looking in there.

Yes, City are printing far fewer and the programme sellers sell out before the game.

Oddly, although the programme sellers never have enough and the Wolves programme "sold out", I did see one in the club shop when I bought my Palarse ticket, so it may be worth looking in there.

It's not just at City, 2 neutral games I can pick out where officially all programmes were out were both league two games - glamourous york v chesterfield and northampton v newport

You're right about the clubshops though, Palace may even be worth a try if you're that desperate!

Last nights programme was terrible.

Two quid and it literally was a squad poster, SO'D's thoughts and the Palace squad - complete waste of money, but as I'm a gullible git who collects the programmes - it looks like I've been ripped off.......again.

Get used to it, mate. The first fifty years are the worst. After that it gets easier :)

Get used to it, mate. The first fifty years are the worst. After that it gets easier :)

I'm hoping at some point to club just says "sod it" we're going electronic and they never print another programme ever again. At least I'll then know the finite numbers involved in collecting them :-)

You could always join the Bristol City Programme Club, guaranteed programmes, even cups & friendly games, if you let them know in advance. ;)

Contact Blagdon Mike on here.

That's a good point and something I've considered but never got round to it. Last night was only the second time I've failed to get a programme on the night.

You could always join the Bristol City Programme Club, guaranteed programmes, even cups & friendly games, if you let them know in advance. ;)

Contact Blagdon Mike on here.

I subscribe to Mike's home and away programme service and he's managed to get hold of the friendly games also, however cup games aren't usually included.....but saying that, Mike is such a top chap he's likely to oblige if you ask him nicely enough :-)

I subscribe to Mike's home and away programme service and he's managed to get hold of the friendly games also, however cup games aren't usually included.....but saying that, Mike is such a top chap he's likely to oblige if you ask him nicely enough :-)

Mike's doing a great job, in fact he's better than the service that we were getting from the club in the last few years.

I'm a collector, too: got all the programmes since my first City match in 1958. City v Middlesbrough, Div. 2 (old) Atyeo and Cloughie the "centre forwards".

Three gert boxes in my loft: must get 'em out and sort them, sometime...

As for last night, nearly missed out, too. Went in to the Commercial office and asked if they had any spares. None available then, but "Olly" (not the same one - I don't think :) ) called me this morning to say they'd found a spare, and put it aside for me.

Another example, for me, of a club that cares about its true fans....

Archived