IGNORED

Junior Away Shirt

collier

I have had a little search and cant find any info regarding this. The away shirt has gone on sale for adults but not for juniors. I know that its probably Adidas that is the problem but I think it's a poor show that this is not yet available. My son's birthday was the 6th August and he has been patiently waiting for his present, I am running out of excuses to tell him as to why he can not have his shirt yet.

Anybody have any new info??

Cheers

They seem to know as much as us bud , also you cannot have the sleever badges on a youth shirt as it is advertising Betting , joe ... i bought my lads badges off ebay in the end ,no training kit in sight either ... hope they havent made huge orders as im sure alot now wont bother with training kit etc

Yea away adult shirts are on sale. I had an email from the club stating this. Really poor showing on the kids stuff though, I would have thought more children than adults would want to buy and show off their shirts. Free advertising really, my boy wore his everywhere last season for all to see, this year we are already 6 games in and not a shirt in sight.

its not just adidas stuff either , my lad wanted a onesie last night so went in to find his size and was told IF there were none left then they would order them in for xmas , ummm shouldnt the staff know if something has sold out and get it back in asap as those orders are nothing to do aith adidas , they obviously sold well yet have not been restocked or even noticed that they have run out of certain sizes .

I have emailed the club yesterday to clarify the situation regarding the away junior shirt. Unfortunately I have been told that the club still do not have a delivery date in place for this merchandise. It does not seem to be the clubs fault but this is outrageously poor showing to not have the shirt available 6 games into the season. Apparently some of the ordered shirt sizes will not be available at all this season either.

It is obvious that we are being treated with contempt by Adidas, as we are a little club and it wont have any impact on their global brand. Its disgusting imo and I think we as a club should be asking for some sort of compensation for lost revenue from a supposed top supplier.

I have emailed the club yesterday to clarify the situation regarding the away junior shirt. Unfortunately I have been told that the club still do not have a delivery date in place for this merchandise. It does not seem to be the clubs fault but this is outrageously poor showing to not have the shirt available 6 games into the season. Apparently some of the ordered shirt sizes will not be available at all this season either.

It is obvious that we are being treated with contempt by Adidas, as we are a little club and it wont have any impact on their global brand. Its disgusting imo and I think we as a club should be asking for some sort of compensation for lost revenue from a supposed top supplier.

Just to echo this, I also emailed the club asking about the lack of training wear. I was also told that they don't even have a delivery date for stock.

The fact that they don't even have a date suggests there won't be stock any time soon. For the supplier not to provide stock to the club with maybe a third of the season gone is truly appalling, and must surely be costing the club a significant amount of money in lost revenue. I only hope they will be getting a suitable compensation payment as you suggest.

In this instance it doesn't appear to be the club's fault, but just adds to the air of amateurism that seems to pervade this club at the moment. I do think a statement on the website on the situation with adidas would be a good idea.

Just to echo this, I also emailed the club asking about the lack of training wear. I was also told that they don't even have a delivery date for stock.

The fact that they don't even have a date suggests there won't be stock any time soon. For the supplier not to provide stock to the club with maybe a third of the season gone is truly appalling, and must surely be costing the club a significant amount of money in lost revenue. I only hope they will be getting a suitable compensation payment as you suggest.

In this instance it doesn't appear to be the club's fault, but just adds to the air of amateurism that seems to pervade this club at the moment. I do think a statement on the website on the situation with adidas would be a good idea.

Yes but the club can barely get their act together regarding the ticketing situation, I doubt they see this issue as a matter of concern. Would love them to tell my 9 yo why he cant have what he wants for his birthday though, he is very disappointed. People wonder why parents kit their kids out in Man U, Chelsea etc etc kits, maybe because they make sure their kits are readily available at all corners of the globe even before the season starts!!

Im not up on legal matters, but surely if Adidas cannot produce the replica kits for the club, the club has grounds to walk away mid season and find a new supplier?

I know in reality people have bought shirts etc already so it wont happen - but gees, talk about being shafted.

Smaller company, bespoke kit next year me thinks.

Do we know of any other clubs that are in a similar situation? I realise that in the grand scheme of things we are well down Adidas' list of priorities, but if there are other clubs out there in the same position we could kick up a hell of a fuss between us.

Do we know of any other clubs that are in a similar situation? I realise that in the grand scheme of things we are well down Adidas' list of priorities, but if there are other clubs out there in the same position we could kick up a hell of a fuss between us.

Not sure there are but watching Southampton v West Ham yesterday, it struck me that both managers were wearing identical Adidas coats, just with a different badge on. All the clothing they produce is a generic style, so how hard can it be to sew some badges on? I can't believe we're still waiting for kits and training gear.

Yes but the club can barely get their act together regarding the ticketing situation, I doubt they see this issue as a matter of concern. Would love them to tell my 9 yo why he cant have what he wants for his birthday though, he is very disappointed. People wonder why parents kit their kids out in Man U, Chelsea etc etc kits, maybe because they make sure their kits are readily available at all corners of the globe even before the season starts!!

I've never understood why City shirts aren't available in sports shops around the region. The City brand needs to be as visible as possible to compete with the premier boys.

Archived