IGNORED

Kyle Mcfadzean

Bert's City

Doubt it, think we told them to jog on after all the rejected bids eventually. And wasn't he a McInnes target?!

Yes, but SO'D was definitely keen to complete the deal and stated City would keep him in mind and renew their interest if McFadzean could prove his fitness.

That was before Flint signed though. You don't need two of those sorts of players.

They played alongside each other at Alfreton Town and were seen as very a strong young partnership with huge potential.

I see no reason why that partnership can't be reunited, and prove successful, at L1 level.

They played alongside each other at Alfreton Town and were seen as very a strong young partnership with huge potential.

I see no reason why that partnership can't be reunited, and prove successful, at L1 level.

Completely agree. McFadzean would be a fantastic addition. I still think we need another centre half without doubt. If we can get this fella I would be absolutely delighted.

I see several. They're both fairly slow, easily turned, and weak on the deck.

You normally balance these big aerial first ball winning players by having a quicker player who is better on the floor next to them.

Alfreton are non league.

It's highly likely Flint was signed as an alternative and we now have no interest in McFadzean.

I see several. They're both fairly slow, easily turned, and weak on the deck.

You normally balance these big aerial first ball winning players by having a quicker player who is better on the floor next to them.

Alfreton are non league.

It's highly likely Flint was signed as an alternative and we now have no interest in McFadzean.

McFadzean is 6ft 1", fairly average for a centre back, so not necessarily predominantly a first ball winner. I don't know enough about him to argue either way whether he is 'slow and weak on the deck'.

They've played together before - albeit at a lower level - so obviously complement each other and both are seen as improvers and have moved effortlessly into League football.

You may be right that CIty's interest shifted from McFadzean to Flint but we (and that includes SO'D after he took over) were extremely keen on McFadzean in January and his signing would have gone through despite the change of manager but for his illness. With Fontaine's continuing poor form our interest may have been reignited, if indeed it ever waned.

SO'D made it very clear we would be monitoring McFadzean's recovery with a view to possibly signing him in the future. Flint's signing inbetween may actually be irrelevant to our long term interest in McFadzean, in fact SO'D may feel that the capture of McFadzean now may be exactly what's needed to bring out the best in Flint.

I think it's unlikely that City no longer have any interest in McFadzean, but we shall see, and maybe very soon.

Don't know much about him, as I did not take much interest in league before this season. But if we was monitoring him then surely we would of gone in for him in the summer not wait till now? I know some will say maybe it's because we wanted to see if his fitness had improved but that's what we pay the medical people for, to access them isn't it?

Flint never looked truly comfortable at Swindon until he was paired alongside a seasoned-pro in Darren Ward.

I'm not sure on flint to be honest, he seems to be quite poor with the ball at his feet, but you expect that at lower level, he's a threat at corners.. a massive threat, and of course he can head for england

Archived