IGNORED

All We Need

Briz

The harder I work the luckier I get - some bloke once said, think it was a golfer.

Basically, think it means if you put yourself out there enough then you will, by law of averages, get the rub of the green more often.

In this context, if the op says we played well and didn't get our just rewards, don't worry, the results will come.

I didn't see the game so can't possibly comment.

I see where you are coming from and we were incredibly unlucky to not win today, and you could even argue if luck had gone our way we could have 11 points rather than 3.

We have been the better team in all three of our draws, but we have given away soft goals and in the last two wasted good chances. That isn't luck, that's simply failing to go and win the game.

In the two loses we have been murdered for 45 minutes, but shown great character to fight our way back into a position in both where we should have got the draw. We threw both away by again, gifting the opposition with easy scoring opportunities (twice in the Coventry game).

I would agree that today we have been unlucky. But if we hadn't taken 30 minutes to start playing, gifted a poor goal away to a long throw and Baldock would have taken his sitter from about 4 yards we wouldn't have needed any luck. We would have done what we should have done and that is comfortably beat a poor Gillingham side.

We can rue our luck all we want to, but a team that knows how to win would have taken many more than 3 points from our five league games. As I posted last week, how many times in our promotion and play-off final seasons did we take all 3 points in even games? Scrape a draw in games that we were outplayed? It sounds simple, but being able to take the points that you deserve from a game is often the difference between good teams and bad. I do believe there has been more than enough on show so far this season for us to be confident going forward, but for everyone's sake we need to win a league game soon.

One thing is for certain though, a win against the scum on Wednesday night would do wonders for everyone. The mood around the club going into a tough game against Peterborough could be pretty bleak if we couple what will be a poor league position as we're not playing next weekend with a loss against the basement boys.

You make your own luck in many many ways.by making a run a fraction of a second earier or later, by anticipation, by jumping a tad higher, by shooting or heading straighter or more in the corner of the goal.yes it may seem unlucky that a keeper plays a blinder but the attacker could always have done that bit better and scored.no such thing as good or bad luck for any player to use as an excuse.

Luck? No... We were gutless.

High expectations maybe, but I'm sorry; we were awful.

First half we were awful-second half we could have had 4 or 5 -The only people who were truly awful were our fans who simply sat there and didn't really get behind the team at any stage! Well done on getting there but really is that the best we can do!

First half we were awful-second half we could have had 4 or 5 -The only people who were truly awful were our fans who simply sat there and didn't really get behind the team at any stage! Well done on getting there but really is that the best we can do!

Maybe. But I want to see more from Bristol City than Fielding hoof it to our target man JET. We were awful first half and mediocre second. How thir 26 won so many headers against JET is beyond me.

As for the fans, I always say its up to the players to make us stand up. The only time I felt they did that was stoppage time when baldock won a corner. They didn't look bothered, why should we?

Luck or good fortune is better description for me, and is an important factor, some football teams appear luckier than others, Man U for example never seem to have penalties awarded against them, Hull get to the Prem with a scuffed shot from a ex fat bricklayer, Bayern Munich score in the last 5 seconds of time added on that should not have been added, and Cardiff had all the available luck last week in beating Man City..

We are well overdue.

Bit harsh. Cardiff were outstanding in that game

Archived