IGNORED

Northern Ireland

BallygowanRobin

Alright boys and girls,

My first post on here so I'll fire a bit of background up about me. I was born in Bristol before moving to Belfast at the age of 4. Big time clubs such as Chelsea, Liverpool etc. have never really interested me too much and I go home and away with my local Northern Irish side Glentoran. Anyway, I've always followed City and after 6-7+ long years away from Ashton Gate I'm finally getting over to see the home match with Oldham in November. Buzzing!

Anyway, here's the dilemma; are there ANY other City fans in Northern Ireland? Even in the west or the north? My issue is that my Dad lives in England and I'd only go to City games with him when I go to visit. However, due to work, family etc etc I can only really get to like max of 4 home games per season. No away (unless it was Rovers or something very close).

This irritates me; loads of my mates fly/sail over from Northern Ireland to the mainland and go to away games for Newcastle, Liverpool etc and I was wondering if there was any other NI based Robin who'd be willing to head over someday too?

Anyway, long enough post from me. Cheers all. COYR!

Alright boys and girls,

My first post on here so I'll fire a bit of background up about me. I was born in Bristol before moving to Belfast at the age of 4. Big time clubs such as Chelsea, Liverpool etc. have never really interested me too much and I go home and away with my local Northern Irish side Glentoran. Anyway, I've always followed City and after 6-7+ long years away from Ashton Gate I'm finally getting over to see the home match with Oldham in November. Buzzing!

Anyway, here's the dilemma; are there ANY other City fans in Northern Ireland? Even in the west or the north? My issue is that my Dad lives in England and I'd only go to City games with him when I go to visit. However, due to work, family etc etc I can only really get to like max of 4 home games per season. No away (unless it was Rovers or something very close).

This irritates me; loads of my mates fly/sail over from Northern Ireland to the mainland and go to away games for Newcastle, Liverpool etc and I was wondering if there was any other NI based Robin who'd be willing to head over someday too?

Anyway, long enough post from me. Cheers all. COYR!

I do know there used to be a couple of Belfast based City fans who used to post on this website so they may make themselves known.

Hi and welcome. Just to avoid any confusion, you say you moved away when you were 4 and have been away for 6 or 7 years. That would make you about 11. Glad that you have the bug again and enjoy the banter on the forum, and the Oldham game.

No no THWNN, I've been away from the Gate 6 or 7 years. I'm 16. I was 9 or 10 the last time I was at a game I left England 12 years ago.

Cheers for all the replies guys, I'm excited to learn that here are some NI based fans and I hope they make themselves known. Cheers busterrimes.

Butler what a cheeky yet accurate post :laugh:! Dilligaf perhaps you'll know from my name where I live? Ballygowan? About 20 mins from Fourwinds and really close to Saintfield!

I've been to Norn Iron loads due to family (my ex's family - Donaghedee).

Remember watching City v Derby in a pub in Newtonards with my son a few years ago. There was us 2 and another bloke with his son there who was a Derby fan watching the game on a little TV in the corner. About 200 blokes watching Liverpool play on another channel. Don't think I've been to Ballygowan but have been round Strangford Lough a lot.

Is Ballygowan Red, white and Blue or Green, white and Gold? I always found it helpful how each village or town made it very clear which side they were on by painting the pavement etc! Nice to know where you stand!!

Good on you for following the reds rather than being sucked into the usual Manure and Scouse supporting that goes on.

I've been to Norn Iron loads due to family (my ex's family - Donaghedee).

Remember watching City v Derby in a pub in Newtonards with my son a few years ago. There was us 2 and another bloke with his son there who was a Derby fan watching the game on a little TV in the corner. About 200 blokes watching Liverpool play on another channel. Don't think I've been to Ballygowan but have been round Strangford Lough a lot.

Is Ballygowan Red, white and Blue or Green, white and Gold? I always found it helpful how each village or town made it very clear which side they were on by painting the pavement etc! Nice to know where you stand!!

Good on you for following the reds rather than being sucked into the usual Manure and Scouse supporting that goes on.

Oh we're very much red, white and blue. The entire area and community that I live in, go to school in, work in and watch football in is very loyalist however not so much as to making me a UVF wannabe. I've loads of catholic and nationalist mates - if anything, I tolerate them more than my flag protesting petrol-bombing pals!

Would love to find other NI (or even ROI) based City fans. Doesn't seem to be many!

Archived