IGNORED

We Have To Beat Them!

BS34Red

We just have to. Many of the younger generation may have not experienced a Bristol derby and what it is all about. Many will say the league is more important, to make me this is the biggest game we have had in a long time. No excuses we have to beat them. For years every time I say something to a Rivers fan all they reply is 1 nil. Time to shut them up.

For those of us that live next to and work with Rovers fans a defeat will be unbearable. We are the bigger club, we are expected to win, losing to them would be a nightmare. This isn't just a game of football, this is local pride, bragging rights. We have to beat them.

I still have mental scares, even now - It was quite a novelty beating the sags a while back, they always used to beat us, until up stepped Mr Donawa.

The younger guys cannot remember the pain of the local derbys, it was horrendous for a while - they were our equals on the pitch once !!

This has all changed, we are seen as the bigger/better club, the passion and atmosphere will be intense and i hope we come out on tops but i believe they will be playing for the draw and pens.

I still have mental scares, even now - It was quite a novelty beating the sags a while back, they always used to beat us, until up stepped Mr Donawa.

The younger guys cannot remember the pain of the local derbys, it was horrendous for a while - they were our equals on the pitch once !!

This has all changed, we are seen as the bigger/better club, the passion and atmosphere will be intense and i hope we come out on tops but i believe they will be playing for the draw and pens.

Donowa game is the only time I ever lost my voice watching city. Seen plenty better games, but that was my favourite for the sheer drama and of course we hadn't beaten them for years.

Totally agree. Not alot else to add to the OP.

LOSING IS NOT AND OPTION!

I'm sure our players are aware that lendary status is up for grabs. I'm sure that rovers players know that is the case from their end aswell.

If we play like we can, then we should embarrass them... The fear comes from us having a bad day at the office and the whole thing going horribly wrong!

Time to show them how things really are and put the scummy, inbred pikeys in their place once and for all. C.O.Y.R!!!!! (Please..!!)

Donowa game is the only time I ever lost my voice watching city. Seen plenty better games, but that was my favourite for the sheer drama and of course we hadn't beaten them for years.

The noise was incredible, all my neck hairs stood up, what a feeling, what a relief more than anything - amazing end to a local derby !

The more this is built up the further we could fall.

Recent weeks, months, years are littered with games that lower teams come through and win against higher up teams. Hope this is not one of them but stranger things have happened.

Win celebrate, lose live with it.

Recent weeks, months, years are littered with games that lower teams come through and win against higher up teams. Hope this is not one of them but stranger things have happened.

That'll be bloody difficult without a few days stropping and being in a shit mood mate!

I was reading the sags 'message to the players' thread last night and was thinking that one of our players, particularly the new boys could become an instant City legend on Wednesday. Score the winner against 'them' and your name will go down in club folklore, regardless of the competition, it's the gas!

That for me has to be the best home game I've been to, was it something like 11 games they went unbeaten to us before that?

The pressure that night was lifted, hopefully we won't to late into the game on Wednesday but if the atmosphere is to be repeated then we are in for a fantastic night again.

Low blow!

:redcard:

How can anyone expect any self-respecting GasHead to get an education, when they are forced to stay at home and look after the eight kids they have knocked-out with their sister?

This shows a complete lack of understanding of the culture of north Bristol!

:disapointed2se:

Low blow!

:redcard:

How can anyone expect any self-respecting GasHead to get an education, when they are forced to stay at home and look after the eight kids they have knocked-out with their sister?

This shows a complete lack of understanding of the culture of north Bristol!

:disapointed2se:

You honestly believe that?

If you do, then wow. Nothing else to add really!!

I was there when we lost 4-0 at Eastville. I got over it - eventually :crying:

Archived