IGNORED

Need A New Laptop

Rovers-ran-away

As a general rule with computers, you get what you pay for. For every £50 say you spend more, you will normally gain more RAM, more HDD space or even a slightly quicker processor.

Ive been out of the laptop market for a while, but brands like HP, IBM and Toshiba were always a good buy.

Personally id try and max out your budget or if you want to get more bang for your buck, look at picking up a second hand one from Cash Convertors or something. You'll end up with a higher spec and unlike when buying a second hand car, a computer either works or it doesn't, not much to indicate future problems or cost.

Get a toshiba satellite C855-28U. £370 does what it needs to and will play fm games fine. Not great if you wanna play anything with high graphic consumption, but you'd have to spend about £700 to get anything vaguely decent for gaming. The reason I like it is theres no fancy stuff so its the best for simple laptop(ing) in the price bracket. Plus thats £60 extra cider money for the derby :thumbsup:. One thing is the speakers are utter shite so need headphones or something.

Am I the only one while using a laptop somehow 'accidentally' manages to click the wrong button, cursors moves to another location while typing, somehow deletes sentences when I'm typing and other things like open up new browser pages?

******* hate laptops.

You're not alone - most touchpads are very sensitive and cause this.

Best thing to do is get a bluetooth mouse, and set the touchpad to be disabled when a mouse is plugged in. The "Logitech MX Anywhere" is a decent mouse for this, tiny little transmitter you leave plugged in always and fairly portable.

I think you'd be better off with this:

http://www.johnlewis.com/hp-pavilion-15-e054sa-laptop-intel-core-i3-2-4ghz-8gb-ram-750gb-15-6-white/p588908

Slimmer because the Intel CPU doesn't run as hot, better guarantee from John Lewis, and enough to run FM reasonably.

You want cheap? check out www.dell.co.uk/outlet

inspiron15_3521_146x130.jpg

• Inspiron 15 - 3521
  • Processor: Intel® Celeron® 1007U with Intel® HD Graphics
  • Windows® 8
  • 2 GB (1x2GB) 1600MHz DDR3
  • 320 GB SATA II Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
  • 8X DVD+/- RW Drive
  • Display : 15.6in High Definition (1366X768) WLED
  • Back Up Media Not Included
  • Windows® 8 64bit (Englilsh)
  • Wireless : Dell Wireless 1703 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0+LE
  • LCD Back Cover : Black
  • Battery: Primary 4-cell 40W/HR
  • Internal Qwerty Keyboard

Price........ £169.76
Price Incl. VAT and excl. delivery...£203.71

Wha's 'at? You wan' a 'nother one? More beef.

laptop-inspiron-17r-5721-love-pdp-2.jpg

• Inspiron 17R - 5721
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3337U (3M Cache, up to 2.7 GHz)
  • Windows® 8
  • 8 GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
  • 1 TB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
  • 8X DVD+/- RW Drive
  • Display : 17.3 Inch Full High Definition (1080p) LED Display with Anti-Glare
  • Back Up Media Not Included
  • Windows® 8 64bit (Englilsh)
  • Wireless : Intel Centrino Advanced-N 2230 (2x2, a/g/n) + Bluetooth
  • LCD Back Cover : Silver
  • Battery : Primary 6-cell 65W/HR
  • Internal Qwerty Keyboard

Price........ £365.94
Price Incl. VAT and excl. delivery...£439.13

They are supposed to be outlet models, but they come as new and have a full year warranty on them. A lot of hardware for very little money.

You're not alone - most touchpads are very sensitive and cause this.

Best thing to do is get a bluetooth mouse, and set the touchpad to be disabled when a mouse is plugged in. The "Logitech MX Anywhere" is a decent mouse for this, tiny little transmitter you leave plugged in always and fairly portable.

Ta Nibor, best post as always.

Did not think of turning off the touchpad. The Logictech MX is not too bad, though I am using Kinobo Wireless, was given it brand new for free so took it. Good little mouse and do not realize I am actually using it.

Archived