IGNORED

Genuine Question!

TETBURY MASSIVE

This is a genuine question!

What's the feeling between fans on how long does SOD have before the board start to panic.

I'm not for one minute, believing he should be sacked and understand we are going through a transitional period of time, but we are in a results business and results in the league are the bread and butter...... We haven't won in what 15/16 league games......??

Honest question.... How long do you think it will be before the BOARD start getting twitchey.....?

The last thing we want to see happen is us to do a Wolves and drop a second division in the space of two seasons!

Cue the keyboard warriors..........

#bringbackNeverToThe DarkSide.......

Christmas time next season.

I don't believe we'll go down again this season and genuinely think the board will give him another year, even if we finish in the region of 18th or 19th.

Early signs with this club are promising, even though we haven't yet seen a quality league performance for the full 90 minutes. In each game, we have had spells of real quality, we just need something to fall for us and consistency throughout the 90 minutes.

Christmas time next season.

I don't believe we'll go down again this season and genuinely think the board will give him another year, even if we finish in the region of 18th or 19th.

Early signs with this club are promising, even though we haven't yet seen a quality league performance for the full 90 minutes. In each game, we have had spells of real quality, we just need something to fall for us and consistency throughout the 90 minutes.

That's cool..... Its just genuinely interesting to also see what the fans are thinking, previously there would be thread and thread questioning SOD and when he should be sacked...... but as yet there hasn't been any which is good.... Perhaps the fans have chilled a little too and have finally bought into the idea that we are going to have to be patient in order to see the transformation succeed!!

Knowing some on here it will be defeat on Weds.

:laugh:........ that is exactly what i was thinking about the forum!! We will have to re-visit this thread in the future when SOD does leave the club and see who was correct!! :facepalm:

Here's hoping that its 25 years time and the Champions League is retained for the 5th year in a row....... :fingerscrossed::clap::thumbsup:

• Admin

LOL........ that is exactly what i was thinking about the forum!! We will have to re-visit this thread in the future when SOD does leave the club and see who was correct!! :facepalm:

Here's hoping that its 25 years time and the Champions League is retained for the 5th year in a row....... :fingerscrossed::clap::thumbsup:

Bit harsh for the board to sack him then though.

So it begins........earlier than i expected tbh........but then this is the city forum, get a grip ffs !!!

Really? Don't think anyone on this thread is asking for him to go, just genuinely wondering how long the board and fan base would be happy for "transition and development".

I think that's a perfectly fair question.

I'm 100% behind SOD, but am worried about how quickly some of the keyboard warriors and "want it now" fans will give him. As Lansdown has said, sometimes the pressure from the fan base can become unbearable.

If we have a season where we finish 12th-18th this season, then follow it up with being in 10th-15th position at Christmas next year, would that be good enough for some of the fans?

I, personally, think it would be ok and is probably realistic. However, I can't see the City fan base tolerating two seasons of midtable League One football.

I think the question is "when should we start to worry If things don't pick up ? "

IMHO we are moving in the right direction And i Will give SOD until Tuesday week to get us promoted and win some silverware.

Seriously though ,listen to what the coach says and enjoy the up's And downs of supporting a new team (club ) in the making.

When,and i mean "when" not "if" it will be sweet.no pain ,no gain

Looking at the other more promotion-prepared clubs in the division (Wolves, Peterborough, Brentford and others) I always thought this season would be hard work for SO'D and the team, particularly in managing expectations for fans, many of whom will presume that having been a division higher last year we'd be contenders to head back immediately this time out, which was never on the cards.

After relegation last time we brought in journeymen and expensive short term 'fixes' to try and paper over the gaping cracks and try to bounce straight back up. This failed in spectacular fashion, weakening us for years. We were always picked as favourites, and spent in line with this expectation, yet showed the sort of lack of focus 'big fishes' in small ponds tend to do. For examples of this see Wolves last year and Wilson's team's inability to finish the job in countless key games versus smaller teams.

Now we've gone for a more considered and longer-term approach, with a very young team/squad and hesitancy to sign headline grabbing 'names'. This, for me at least, represents an evolution from our previous position, though it is understandable that many will baulk at the club's unwillingness to place itself up with the promotion favourites via expensive signings or public declarations of this intention. However, I'd rather follow this approach and be at this level for 2-3 years, but with a young team and sustainable model/approach, than throw money/hope wildly after the problem and get rooted here, in a financial mess for another 8.

I'd expect us to be a top half team, ideally with ambitions of a play off place by the start of 2015, but this year is about stopping the rot, bringing in/through young talent, starting to build a culture off the pitch that allows us to not just take the club up the footballing pyramid by any means necessary, but make Bristol City a more forward thinking and ambitious club overall.

For me, SO'D has till next Christmas/New Year, while this year his only goal is to avoid relegation, which I think he'll do comfortably. A top half finish would be an excellent end of season result considering the task on his hands, however I fear many others will not see this as such.

October is the usual time for pressure to mount on managers and it will on SOD if we're where we are now (relegation places bar Cov's deduction).

Though SOD wouldn't have been my choice, I expect results will pick up and us to be away from the bottom soon-ish. That will remove any immediate pressure and mid-table will see him safely into next season.

The truth is that all managers are always under pressure - always have been and always will be. Sport can't be anything other than a results-driven business.

Archived