IGNORED

The Penalty That Sent Down The Gas

HoldenBall

I'm sure you were treated with dignity and respect if/when you celebrated because you know, those gasheads are a golden bunch

Was in the far left of the goal where we scored the penalty had to leave just before the end as we had out stayed our welcome!

Good to see the bitterness extends right through to the gas commentators! "Look at city celebrating, they think they've won the league" - err no they're just delighted that they've effectively just relegated the gypos on their own shit hole.

Looks like I was watching the video for too long!!

I remember Tony Malessa who was our sub keeper that might went up to Phillips while Hulbert got treatment and I guess told him which way to go. Never been so soaked in my life but what a night!

Very true - Danny Wilson had managed Scott Jones at Barnsley and therefore would have had a fairly good idea of where Jones might put the penalty, which might very well explain Malessa walking round the pitch to speak to Phillips.

Also, wasn't Hulbert being treated after being hit by a coin thrown by a Rovers fan? And to think, the subsequent delay (caused by Rovers fans themselves) was a major factor in the two dropped points!

Very true - Danny Wilson had managed Scott Jones at Barnsley and therefore would have had a fairly good idea of where Jones might put the penalty, which might very well explain Malessa walking round the pitch to speak to Phillips.

Also, wasn't Hulbert being treated after being hit by a coin thrown by a Rovers fan? And to think, the subsequent delay (caused by Rovers fans themselves) was a major factor in the two dropped points!

Interesting City trivia, there. What you learn, eh?

Couldn't get sound on my device, sounds like it was just as well.

Remember a nasty encounter with a sadsag after, as well. They have their element.

• Admin

100% correct

The irony in their fans being a bunch of dicks of the pitch, in the end led to their downfall on the pitch!

Archived