IGNORED

English Football Club Ranking....how Do City And Rovers Fair?

REDTURK

My first post......so all bear with me if I mess this up!

Hopefully the link below will work for everyone....... If not you can get all this info from the "all about football" website.

Apologies if this has been shown before, I am a regular viewer of the Forum and can't remember it being covered in the more recent time.

I found it quite interesting and I think the rank of City at 41 out of 92 clubs is about right with Rovers at 62 being a bit generous!! The ranking criteria which is used is I feel pretty comprehensive and weights the clubs success over the years....e.g how long it has remained in a particular division, cups won etc...

I will not be going to the Derby game tomorrow as I will be working. My first Derby game was when I attended the Gloucester Cup final at Eastville in 1979?. We were in the old first division then and Rovers were in the league below. I think we lost 2-0 with Paul Randall scoring a brace for the Gas. I remember this vividly as me and a couple of mates were chased down Muller road by several Rovers supporters.

http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/aboutaball-historical-football-rankings/historical-ranking-of-english-football-clubs

Sounds about right.

Us being a bottom championship/ top L1 side it accurate.

Rovers being a bottom L1 club is probably historically accurate. Remember, it is only the last 10-13 years that they have been frequenting the basement.

Just because they now seem perfectly at home there, lets not forget that they at least used to TRY and challenge us.

My first post......so all bear with me if I mess this up!

Hopefully the link below will work for everyone....... If not you can get all this info from the "all about football" website.

Apologies if this has been shown before, I am a regular viewer of the Forum and can't remember it being covered in the more recent time.

I found it quite interesting and I think the rank of City at 41 out of 92 clubs is about right with Rovers at 62 being a bit generous!! The ranking criteria which is used is I feel pretty comprehensive and weights the clubs success over the years....e.g how long it has remained in a particular division, cups won etc...

I will not be going to the Derby game tomorrow as I will be working. My first Derby game was when I attended the Gloucester Cup final at Eastville in 1979?. We were in the old first division then and Rovers were in the league below. I think we lost 2-0 with Paul Randall scoring a brace for the Gas. I remember this vividly as me and a couple of mates were chased down Muller road by several Rovers supporters.

http://www.aboutaball.co.uk/aboutaball-historical-football-rankings/historical-ranking-of-english-football-clubs

Nice one, RedTurk. Very interesting. So, City 41st, you say, out of the 92? I make that in the top half of English football. Only just, but top half, all the same. And our neighbours, sixty something? That looks like the bottom half, if I've got it right. Or am I deluded, getting way above myself there? Probably, City fans, huh?!

Archived