IGNORED

Will We Play A Full Strength Team?

Robin101

24 hours to go, and I'm really quite excited! But do you think we'll risk JET and Baldock? I hope we do, because I don't think rovers will be pushovers. But, then again, losing one of those two could really screw our season!

I reckon: Parrish; Maloney, Flint, Williams, Shorey; Wynter; McCloughlin, Pack (Reid?), Bryan; JET; Baldock.

And 2-0 City!

EDIT: I think we will miss Elliot in this game.

24 hours to go, and I'm really quite excited! But do you think we'll risk JET and Baldock? I hope we do, because I don't think rovers will be pushovers. But, then again, losing one of those two could really screw our season!

I reckon: Parrish; Maloney, Flint, Williams, Shorey; Wynter; McCloughlin, Pack (Reid?), Bryan; JET; Baldock.

And 2-0 City!

Bryan's injured isn't he?

With the game not being played on Saturday SoD can afford to go with his strongest side. I do have a feeling that Harewood may play though. Certainly agree that Elliot will be a loss in the midfield, it's where the first battle has to be won.

I just hope we send them back across the river with their tails between their legs!

Come on you Reds!

According to s o d in the Post , he was planning to make changes for the Derby by resting some players. But,as the Shrewsbury game was postponed he does'nt expect to make so many changes. Lucky us then. How could he not understand the importance of the result of a game against the gash, :grr: if not the importance of the JPT piddle pot competition itself.

According to s o d in the Post , he was planning to make changes for the Derby by resting some players. But,as the Shrewsbury game was postponed he does'nt expect to make so many changes. Lucky us then. How could he not understand the importance of the result of a game against the gash, :grr: if not the importance of the JPT piddle pot competition itself.

Could've been worried about injuries or knocks to key players?? This is the Bristol Derby, bound to be a fiery affair and no doubt those mongs will be well up for it and try to kick the City players around the park.

As important as this game is, there is a risk to get key players crocked.. something we could do well without.

With the game off against Shrewsbury there's no excuses not to play a full strength squad or very very close to it.

The competition is irrelevant, the opposition and associated stakes are massive.

But imagine that baldock gets his leg snapped in half by an over zealous derby 50-50 tackle. With his previous injury form I could understand if SOD chose not to play him, even if I would love to see a full strenght team out tomorrow.

Sorry wrong quote added there. Should be taylor10. Bloody phone.

But imagine that baldock gets his leg snapped in half by an over zealous derby 50-50 tackle. With his previous injury form I could understand if SOD chose not to play him, even if I would love to see a full strenght team out tomorrow.

What is Harold got his leg snapped in an over zealous tackle?

Same risk for both teams, anyone can get injured in any games.

Going in fearing them will only make things worse.

Injuries can happen in any game. I know it's a derby and that may lead to some tasty challenges, but we shouldn't alter our team because of it.

I'd imagine the league game at Swindon will be equally hard fought and none of us would want us to drop players in that game.

And 2-0 City!

Our full strength side is not doing so well this season so far. What shall we do?

Yeah I know where you're coming from, but that's a risk in any game. Both teams will be up for it, but at the end of the day, you need to play your best strength squad in any "must win" game, and this is undoubtedly one of those!

Add the fact that we have a squad of about 17/18 fit senior players and it's got to be full strength or near as damn it!

You can't wrap everyone in cotton wool though fella.

SOD himself said that due to the Shrewsbury game being cancelled it allows us more time to recruit in the transfer market as well as play a very strong side.

Keep playing Baldock and JET, need to keep scoring and keep the partnership flowing.

shorey, harewood and kilkenny in for me. move Reid forward into the jet role. baldock and jet rested. parish to go in goal

That's very good, you nearly had me going there! ;-)

The Sky cameras are there tonight, JET has been telling all his mates to watch him on Telly, he's going to play a blinder!

No way is Kilkenny going to be playing, we need somebody that's not afraid to tackle or be tackled!

Yeah I know where you're coming from, but that's a risk in any game. Both teams will be up for it, but at the end of the day, you need to play your best strength squad in any "must win" game, and this is undoubtedly one of those!

Add the fact that we have a squad of about 17/18 fit senior players and it's got to be full strength or near as damn it!

The point I was making is that no matter which way we dress this up.... it is a JPT game. The only reason we care is because it is against the Gas.

I want us to give them a hiding as much as the next fan, but I would understand if from SOD's point of view having local bragging rights is not a top priority.

I would love a full strength team to go out there and finally put to bed the last result we had against them- I just don't think SOD will.

Archived