IGNORED

Put's The Old 'who Are Our Rivals' Debate To Bed

Andy Horsman

Never seen as many threads as this prior to a game with C*rdiff Red Socks. Fairly conclusive proof that for most of us this IS the big one!!

Some of us have never denied it.

Guess it must be younger fans who peddle this Cardiff rubbish, they haven't been through what us older fans have with the gas and just don't seem to get it.

I just hope SO'D and the players do.....

COME ON CITY, STUFF THE GAS. :city:

It never has been Cardiff and it never will be Cardiff.

Unless it was nothing more than attempt to irritate our friends north of the river, I never understood the whole 'Cardiff are our real rivals' at all. Imagine how dismal last season would have been if it had been Rovers instead of Cardiff winning the league we finished rock bottom in.

Must be me in the minority then. I am old enough to remember derby's from the mid to late 90's but Rovers haven't competed with us for so long that I geniunely forgot about them. I don't know their squad, I don't know their coaching staff (JW aside of course), I don't know where they are in the league except when I remember to pay attention when League 2 comes up and I don't know their transfer business (couldn't name one signing they made over the summer).

I really don't mean to be patronising but for most of the past decade Rovers have been like an annoying little kid - don't pay too much attention to, but I know I don't like him. However, playing Cardiff twice a year they went from being that annoying kid to the ones I really wanted to beat.

Maybe the rivalry balance is about to change given our fall from the Championship. But I'm still adjusting to them being the main rival.

Must be me in the minority then. I am old enough to remember derby's from the mid to late 90's but Rovers haven't competed with us for so long that I geniunely forgot about them. I don't know their squad, I don't know their coaching staff (JW aside of course), I don't know where they are in the league except when I remember to pay attention when League 2 comes up and I don't know their transfer business (couldn't name one signing they made over the summer).

I really don't mean to be patronising but for most of the past decade Rovers have been like an annoying little kid - don't pay too much attention to, but I know I don't like him. However, playing Cardiff twice a year they went from being that annoying kid to the ones I really wanted to beat.

Maybe the rivalry balance is about to change given our fall from the Championship. But I'm still adjusting to them being the main rival.

I would have agreed with you to an extent a few years back. And then when we lost to them in the LDV I remembered just how much I hate losing to them. These guys are definitely our real rivals.

Archived