IGNORED

Someone Please Explain.....

Aipearcey

Why is it that fans that went on the pitch tonight are now class as "not real fans that won't be back again this year" and are "an embarrassment to the club" I'm not saying that's fans looking for trouble with police and rovers fans is right, but I don't believe that all fans on there were looking for trouble but just wanted to congratulate the players after 6 years of watching pretty poor football.

Well, real fans or not, my guess is some will certainly not be back for a while...

Match commander Chief Superintendent Caroline Peters said: "The majority of fans were well behaved and enjoyed the match. However there was a small minority who came with the sole intention of trying to spoil the enjoyment for the majority.

“We warned before the match that we would not tolerate any form of anti-social behaviour or violence.

"We will now aim to bring the offenders to justice using CCTV coverage and other intellegence and information gathered tonight to bring the offenders to justice."

Why is it that fans that went on the pitch tonight are now class as "not real fans that won't be back again this year" and are "an embarrassment to the club" I'm not saying that's fans looking for trouble with police and rovers fans is right, but I don't believe that all fans on there were looking for trouble but just wanted to congratulate the players after 6 years of watching pretty poor football.

Six years? What the **** are you talking about?

"We will now aim to bring the offenders to justice using CCTV coverage and other intellegence and information gathered tonight to bring the offenders to justice."

Every single fan who ran on the pitch now runs the risk of a three year ban....was it ever worth it ?

Like I put elsewhere are we all not being a little bit clouded by history?

Running on after Palace and Coventry was accepted, but last night was not?

Yes, completely different scenario's. Palace, Coventry and Rotherham was all about congratulating the players, and celebrating promotion/avoiding relegation. There was no aggro between fans (apart from a bit of rivalry during the game with Palace), and it was all good-natured.

Last night was entirely meant to stir up trouble.

• Admin

Yes, completely different scenario's. Palace, Coventry and Rotherham was all about congratulating the players, and celebrating promotion/avoiding relegation. There was no aggro between fans (apart from a bit of rivalry during the game with Palace), and it was all good-natured.

Last night was entirely meant to stir up trouble.

Don't agree - was a release of jubilation.

Watch the TV footage back, just smiles and celebration on the faces

“We warned before the match that we would not tolerate any form of anti-social behaviour or violence.

Except they did tolerate it. Little was done to prevent a re-occurrence of the invasion after the first goal. I couldn't believe it when that **** in the yellow shirt re-appeared.

Poor policing & stewarding I would say.

I wrote elsewhere from where I sat in the Dolman fans either chased the players to celebrate, or just ran to the pitch and danced around or went towards the away fans. No real problem caused by the celebrating fans, except the poor groundsman didn't want people running onto his pitch maybe. The problem was between the 'fans' and the gas, but as usual both sets ended up fighting the police and the stewards, and then when the horses came on tried goading them instead. But it is an offence apparently, so will everybody get treated the same? Will the idiot in the yellow shirt who got onto the pitch at least twice DURING the match and the thugs from both sides who threw things be handed a similar ban to those who mearly hugged a player? Something is wrong if they do.

Also as I said before were there any warnings given by tan yo for people not to go on the pitch, I didn't hear any. I know most people know not to to the young kids etc might have thought it was just a 'traditional' thing to do if they have seen it before at end of season etc. An announcement may have not stopped many, but at least people would have known they weren't encouraged to do so and then would have to face consequences if they chose to ignore. I only heard the CCTV warnings when the invasion was in full swing.

Don't agree - was a release of jubilation.

Watch the TV footage back, just smiles and celebration on the faces

I've just watched it on Sky- loads of city 'fans' ran straight for the Rovers lot with their arms in the air. It wasn't a minority, it was hundreds. I agree there were also loads if fans celebrating and congratulating players, but there were at least as many trying to goad the gas

There is one thing running on the pitch celebrating promotion, or going to Wembley.

But last need idiots were celebrating getting to the 2nd round of the JPT. Wow.

The majority ran towards the away end taunting them, that is only going to provoke violence.

Idiots in the Dolman ripped off advertising hoarding, idiots threw corner flags was just embarrassing to watch.

What was achieved? Bad press, pitch ruined and hopefully a lot of banning orders.

How anyone can condone the reactions is beyond me.

There is one thing running on the pitch celebrating promotion, or going to Wembley.

But last need idiots were celebrating getting to the 2nd round of the JPT. Wow.

The majority ran towards the away end taunting them, that is only going to provoke violence.

Idiots in the Dolman ripped off advertising hoarding, idiots threw corner flags was just embarrassing to watch.

What was achieved? Bad press, pitch ruined and hopefully a lot of banning orders.

How anyone can condone the reactions is beyond me.

Who's condoning those actions?

Archived