IGNORED

Can We All Just Stop This?

Southport Red

Posting this on Rovers forum too so not 'having a go'.

Was really looking forward to the game tonight, don't let anyone kid you, City versus Rovers is different gravy.. It's not like playing Cardiff and it's not like playing Swindon, it is something else altogether.

However, for all that it is exciting, for all it has that frisson that EVERY other fixture doesn't have, part of me hopes we never play each other again.

Why?

1) Because tonight, when we were at home and had a 10:1 advantage, some Neanderthals decided to ruin things

2) Because the last time we played competitively, Rovers had the 10:1 advantage and their Neanderthals behaved disgracefully,

3) Because tonight fans from both sides who went to be entertained, experienced fear, violence and intimidation ( don't kid yourselves, both sides were at it, and City had more bodies).

4) Because I go on the Rovers forum and come on here and read words like 'scum' and 'inbreds'

It has been a long time since I lived in Bristol, maybe the world has changed, but when I was at school, some of my best mates were Rovers fans. We bantered,we loved 'lording it' when one of us beat the other, but we never assumed the other had too many fingers or was too familiar with his own mother.

Can we please just stop all this nonsense? Gasheads probably support Rovers for exactly the same reason we support City, a mixture of where you grew up, plus who your Dad supported, plus the first game you were taken to, that's it.

Everything else is just nonsense, it demeans us all ( does anyone ACTUALLY respect the Celtic/Rangers 'Rivalry'?) Because we seem to be headed towards a watered own, but just as nasty version of that.

Good luck to Rovers, they played very well second half and could have gotten a draw. To me, there are two types of football team, in one group is my team, in the other group are the 91 others. I don't hate Rovers, I just don't support them. Although the derbies are something I keenly anticipate, they seem to bring out a nasty side in some people ( on both sides), and I wonder if we wouldn't all be better off without it.

( cue a torrent of **** off Gashead)

Was really looking forward to the game tonight, don't let anyone kid you, City versus Rovers is different gravy.. It's not like playing Cardiff and it's not like playing Swindon, it is something else altogetheri.

However, for all that it is exciting, for all it has that frisson that EVERY other fixture doesn't have, part of me hopes we never play each other again.

Why?

1) Because tonight, when we were at home and had a 10:1 advantage, some Neanderthals decided to ruin things

2) Because the last time we played competitively, Rovers had the 10:1 advantage and their Neanderthals behaved disgracefully,

3) Because tonight fans from both sides who went to be entertained, experienced fear, violence and intimidation ( don't kid yourselves, both sides were at it, and City had more bodies).

4) Because I go on the Rovers forum and come on here and read words like 'scum' and 'inbreds'

It has been a long time since I lived in Bristol, maybe the world has changed, but when I was at school, some of my best mates were Rovers fans. We bantered,we loved 'lording it' when one of us beat the other, but we never assumed the other had too many fingers or was too familiar with his own mother.

Can we please just stop all this nonsense? Gasheads probably support Rovers for exactly the same reason we support City, a mixture of where you grew up, plus who your Dad supported, plus the first game you were taken to, that's it.

Everything else is just nonsense, it demeans us all ( does anyone ACTUALLY respect the Celtic/Rangers ' Rivalry'?) Because we seem to be headed towards a watered own, but just as nasty version of that.

Good luck to Rovers, they played very well second half and could have gotten a draw. To me, there are to types of football team, in one group is my team, in the other group are the 91 others. I don't hate Rovers, I just don't support them. Although the derbies are something I keenly anticipate, they seem to bring out a nasty side in some people ( on both sides), and I wonder if we wouldn't all be better off without it.

Well said

Was really looking forward to the game tonight, don't let anyone kid you, City versus Rovers is different gravy.. It's not like playing Cardiff and it's not like playing Swindon, it is something else altogether.

Why?

Everything else is just nonsense, it demeans us all ( does anyone ACTUALLY respect the Celtic/Rangers 'Rivalry'?) Because we seem to be headed towards a watered own, but just as nasty version of that.

Good luck to Rovers, they played very well second half and could have gotten a draw. To me, there are two types of football team, in one group is my team, in the other group are the 91 others. I don't hate Rovers, I just don't support them. Although the derbies are something I keenly anticipate, they seem to bring out a nasty side in some people ( on both sides), and I wonder if we wouldn't all be better off without it.

+1

Right on the ball, southport. What I loved, after the game, was the reaction of neutrals who enjoyed it and reckoned that we just deserved it. I can't believe some of the negativity on here :(

Archived