IGNORED

Player Ratings

And Its Smith

Amidst all the talk of pitch invasions I thought it would be good to start a thread to debate individual performances tonight, especially as we had some full debutants. I'll give some ratings as a base to start

Parish - 7 - didn't have a lot to do apart from some routine saves but just looks more solid than Fielding for me.

Maloney - 7 - looked vulnerable a couple of times when it a straight sprint with Harrison but generally coped well

Flint - 7 - got caught in possession a couple of times and think it was his fault for the goal. Won a lot of headers though and marshalled a new back four well

O'Connor - 6 - not his natural position but generally did well. Seemed shaky a couple of times though. One to watch as probably hasn't won anyone over tonight.

Shorey - 8 - fantastic debut especially considering he hasn't played for a while. Linked well with Bryan and appeared very calm. Cunningham won't get back in on this showing

Pack - 6 - always looking for the ball but got caught out a few too many times for me. Needs one second longer on the ball than would be ideal

Reid - 6 - in and out of the game in flashes. Looked very good when on the ball but the game passes him by when not in possession. Another who always looked for the ball though

Wagstaff - 5 - maybe a 5.5 if I was doing half marks. Ran around a lot but didn't do much when it possession. A bi of a weak link for me

Bryan - 8 - fantastic first half, decent second half, capped with a cool winner. Has to start most games from now for me. Looked to beat the full back constantly and had a few tricks

JET - 8 - the crowd roared every time he got the ball. Brilliant to see him hold off three defenders in the second half. And what a goal!

Harewood - 7 - held the ball up well and allowed players to get involved. Miscontrolled the ball on occasions. Seemed 'up for it'.

Thoughts?

I thought o conner was pretty good to be fair, maybe he started to look tired in the 2nd half a little but guessing he hasn't had much match practice recently, I also thought Harewood had an excellent 1st touch and brought others into the game with his hold up play, I think over the course of the season these 2 could be excellent signings with that bit of experience they hsve

From what I saw

Parish 6 didn't have much to do

Shorey 6 looked a bit rusty

Flint 7 linch pin

O'conner 7 very assured

Maloany 5 caught out of position far to easy almost scored an own goal

Bryan 9 mom cause problems all night

Ried 7 good on the ball and lack of side was made up with effort

Pack 2 kept giving the ball away needless foul cost us the goal and was weak in possession

Wagstaff 6 was a threat but final ball was lacking

Jet 7 great finish tired towards the end

Harewood 7 unlucky not to score held the ball up well and brought others into the game

Archived