IGNORED

Alan Hansen

Eco

He can go. Along with Lawro, Shearer, Dixon and all the other mongs they put out there.

Gary Neville is a breath of fresh air when it comes to analysis. I expect Carragher might be decent too so perhaps they should go down that route.

If only listening to him wasn't like sticking your ears in a mangle.

He can go. Along with Lawro, Shearer, Dixon and all the other mongs they put out there.

Gary Neville is a breath of fresh air when it comes to analysis. I expect Carragher might be decent too so perhaps they should go down that route.

I believe Dixon who IMO is one of the better analyst left for ITV last year.

At the minute he's pretty painful to watch he hasn't got a clue what he's doing on the sky pad :facepalm: But he will get better in time I hope.

He is a blight on MOTD, regardless of what he did in his playing career. Absolute drab, miserable twunt and the sooner he buggers off of MOTD the better.

So you'd rather have someone amusing who knows pig-all about the game? George Ferguson would be a natural...

The whole thing needs a massive shake up.

Hansen has got away for years with being paid ludicrous sums for trotting out the same 5/6 cliches, Lawrenson is the most miserable, dull man on TV, Shearer adds nothing and Savage, a mediocre Championship footballer, is a total buffoon who should be nowhere near any TV programme.

They made a big mistake in not valuing Lee Dixon more and in letting him go.

I'd like to see a completely new presenter, who has no connection to football at all but can do their job, with Gianluca Vialli and Lee Dixon as the 2 pundits, not the cosy "Lineker's golf club" nonsense we have now.

Article on the Guardian on this topic.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/06/alan-hansen-match-of-the-day-horrible

I particularly liked the comment re Michael Owen: "manages to communicate an oddly furtive and pleading monotony, reminiscent of a man being held captive by off-screen kidnappers and forced under duress to offer evenly modulated opinions on long throw-ins and set-piece situations."

The whole thing needs a massive shake up.

Hansen has got away for years with being paid ludicrous sums for trotting ot the same 5/6 cliches, Lawrenson is the most miserable, dull man on TV, Shearer adds nothing and Savage, a mediocre Championship footballer, is a total buffoon who should be nowhere near any TV programme.

They made a big mistake in not valuing Lee Dixon more and in letting him go.

I'd like to see a completely new presenter, who has no connection to football at all but can do their job, with Gianluca Vialli and Lee Dixon as the 2 pundits, not the cosy "Lineker's golf club" nonsense we have now.

Quite agree. Lineker's not a bad host to be fair, it;s not a job that everyone could do, but a clued-up and engaging sports journalist could probably do the job better and - although I don't mind Hansen - a rotating panel of pundits chosen for their knowledge rather than them being supposed 'big personalities'. Oh, and don't pay them £800,000pa. Might be able to bid to show more matches then!

Article on the Guardian on this topic.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2013/sep/06/alan-hansen-match-of-the-day-horrible

I particularly liked the comment re Michael Owen: "manages to communicate an oddly furtive and pleading monotony, reminiscent of a man being held captive by off-screen kidnappers and forced under duress to offer evenly modulated opinions on long throw-ins and set-piece situations."

The line about Glenn Hoddle:

"My own outsider selection would be Glenn Hoddle, who has the right degree of absolute conviction that what he's saying is almost dangerously important, offering his views insistently, sadly, devastatingly, like a man in a high-viz jacket who appears at the door late at night to tell you your dog's been run over."

is even funnier!

Archived