IGNORED

Am I The Only One Who Didn't Think It Was That Bad...

Greedo

No mate you are not I am with you all the way... but we dont need another post about it. I am not having a go as I am as fed up as you about it. Sky commentators and senior police officer called it right. Just needs to drop now.

...and the reaction to the post-final whistle incidents has been largely OTT?

Discuss.

Yep! Seen a lot worse,only thing I will say is that coin throwing is for w*****s,there were kids in there for **** sakes(and that goes for both sets of throwers).

Nope.

If anything, I have been disappointed by those I have read defending this, seeking to minimise it - to either a load of school kids on a jolly jape just having a bit of fun, to somehow they were working class heroes who we should all be celebrating.

Absolute tosh.

There have been celebratory pitch invasions before - I might even have joined in one or two - but these have been running towards the directors box, jumping up and down etc etc.

This was hundreds of grown men running towards the away end to provoke them. Look at the video below taken from the Rovers end. There is a moment or two when if the Rovers bellends react we are in full scale 'battle of ashton gate' stuff.

We I am sure will be fined. I hope every single one of those in the front are banned. Would not care if it was for life.

They shamed our club, when we should have been talking about the result. It should be utterly condemned, no excuses, by those who care for this game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPo92rDjqqA

well over the top in my view.

watching that video there was more stuff being thrown from the away end than from what appears young over excited kids on the pitch just celebrating.

Surely not, the Sags are innocent I tells ya..

On a serious note.. the hysterical reaction (yet typical) from the media is well over the top and has caused many who don't have an independent thought outside of Bristol to join the bandwagon. It has pretty much taken away what a great night it was for City fans, a good game of football and a cracking atmosphere.

we got shit hooligans is all i have drawn from it, just add it to the players, the stadium, the poor mis-management, the ticketing, the marketing, sums up exactly where we are and that is back where we all were 10 years ago (clambouring over the freight rover tin pot cup like the peasant provincial side we are and always will be until someone finally moves this club into the 21st century).....c, c,csf.....zzzz

Yeah the reaction in response to our fans was massively OTT. Take away the coin throwing (from both sides) and all that happened was a few kids over excitted just rubbing their noses in it as they did in 2007.

Compare to the reaction we got to the reaction over ripped seats and fighting with police all game which they were involved in, then there has clearly been some sort of biased reporting.

Nb. Anyone caught coin throwing should be banned in my opinion.

Of all the rash of threads about the crowd trouble on here since the game, this has to be the most realistic.

How many people have started threads along the lines of saying they hope these events don't harm City's reputation, when in fact by starting thread after thread, they were probably doing more damage than the pitch invasion itself?

This disturbance was minor compared to what we've seen in the past and was pretty much kids doing a lot of posturing. Now if they'd gone steaming straight into the away end, then that would be a very different matter, but they didn't. That's not trying to say it was right, but I feel in terms of damaging the club's reputation, it's one nil to the hand-wringers over the knob heads on this one.

I missed getting to this match, but luckily got to see it in the company of the London Reds. I've been hoping to see a load of posts on here from people describing the excitement of the match to help make up for what I missed by not being there. Instead I have just had to endure thread, after thread after thread of wailing about the pitch invasion. Well done to all, because you have managed to ensure this pitch invasion DID overshadow what appeared to me to be a great example of a local derby game, especially teams from the third and fourth divisions.

Maybe it's due to being around long enough to see a lot of the antics of old at football, which by the way, I didn't take part in, but Wednesday was looked tame in comparison. I'm beginning to wonder if the shock horror reaction we've had from a large number of posters is an indication that our club has been infiltrated by a bunch of plastics!

Sorry if that statement offends, but I just can't believe how our fans have managed to practically ignore a great win in a local derby on Wednesday.

Oh goody, another topic on the post match events of Wednesday night.

I'm not normally one to moan about pointless posts, but REALLY? Could you not find another thread about this and just post your views in that? You don't have to look hard to find one.

Ironically though, I've now boosted the topic to the top of the forum and posted on it... Oh the shame...

Archived