IGNORED

This Is What It's All About - Stilian Petrov Ynwa

Evander SnowyField

Fair play to Celtic, that's a choker.

I took my lad to Villa's last home game of last season against Chelsea and Petrov was there. As they had done all season, the applause started in the 19th minute and he was shown on the massive screens they have at Villa park. The bloke was, obviously, overwhelmed and it was a very emotional moment for the Villa faithful. I had respect for Villa, the football club, before I went there but that went up tenfold with the Stan thing.

To their credit, the Chelsea supporters joined in to a man. Football can be very united when it needs to be!

Fair play to Celtic, that's a choker.

I took my lad to Villa's last home game of last season against Chelsea and Petrov was there. As they had done all season, the applause started in the 19th minute and he was shown on the massive screens they have at Villa park. The bloke was, obviously, overwhelmed and it was a very emotional moment for the Villa faithful. I had respect for Villa, the football club, before I went there but that went up tenfold with the Stan thing.

To their credit, the Chelsea supporters joined in to a man. Football can be very united when it needs to be!

Without taking anything away from the impressive show of respect for Petrov (which he deserves without any question) the pedant in me always wonders why they do the mass applause in the 20th minute and not the 19th: from what I have seen they start after the clock ticks over to 19:00, which puts them then into the 20th.

Archived