IGNORED

Brian Tinnion

Aizoon

Heads up the whole recruitment side of the Academy, which is a much bigger job now we're category 2. The are the days when this solely involved scouting local youth leagues. Now involves watching players from other academies, trialing those released from other clubs, and even looking at foreign players.

On a side note, don't know if he was even at the game against rovers but wish he had been on the pitch with the others at half time. Would be great to see him again and have an old rendition of the Tinman song. I get the impression he wants to avoid going on the pitch wherever possible though.

Heads up the whole recruitment side of the Academy, which is a much bigger job now we're category 2. The are the days when this solely involved scouting local youth leagues. Now involves watching players from other academies, trialing those released from other clubs, and even looking at foreign players.

On a side note, don't know if he was even at the game against rovers but wish he had been on the pitch with the others at half time. Would be great to see him again and have an old rendition of the Tinman song. I get the impression he wants to avoid going on the pitch wherever possible though.

Given the behaviour of some 'fans' towards him, that's hardly surprising :(

Given the behaviour of some 'fans' towards him, that's hardly surprising :(

I agree, it's a shame though. I'm sure he'd get an amazing reception which might add a bit more 'closure' to the whole thing. We all agree his managerial reign was a disaster but that's water under the bridge now and I think enough time has passed. I for one still hold him in high regard as a playing legend.

I dont know why he hasn't been seen around the ground on match days yet. Ok things didnt end nicely but surely he knows the reception he would get if he made an appearance. I would still give him a standing ovation.

I will never know why his 2 2 6 formations never worked. First rule of management, play more strikers score more goals!

Can remember him being booed on to the pitch when he was Manager. Was awful to see and hear. I doubt if he's expecting a warm welcome and probably has awful memories of his last months at AG. Still best ever player I've seen at the Gate and I hope that, as and when we see him back, he feels the love - and not the hate of a minority.

Can remember him being booed on to the pitch when he was Manager. Was awful to see and hear. I doubt if he's expecting a warm welcome and probably has awful memories of his last months at AG. Still best ever player I've seen at the Gate and I hope that, as and when we see him back, he feels the love - and not the hate of a minority.

When he played in Gerry Gows testimonial he got a great reception. He knows what 99.9% of us think of him.

Another one here who'd give him a standing ovation. The mess he inherited from Wilson couldn't have been sorted by SAF let alone a rookie manager who was formerly 'one of the team'.

Think that was one of SLs unwise decisions... but, hey, easy to be wise after the event.

Archived