IGNORED

Penalty Notice Advice

Rob k

I've just landed a £60 fine for driving in a bloody bus lane in reading city centre at 01.15 in the morning, I was lost and never saw the signs aswell as it being dark etc

Now is this tough **** or has anybody actually managed to talk to someone and get this overturned?

I got one through the post a few months back. I was proper confused so I got it up on google maps and noted that per the picture they sent me, I was 'driving in a bus lane' or rather through the end of it for a whole 9 feet...

...didn't protest because they had an image of me in the lane, but they aren't half thieving crooked bastards!

I got one through the post a few months back. I was proper confused so I got it up on google maps and noted that per the picture they sent me, I was 'driving in a bus lane' or rather through the end of it for a whole 9 feet...

...didn't protest because they had an image of me in the lane, but they aren't half thieving crooked bastards!

Yeah they got an image of me, can't recall many bloody buses about either at that time I'm the morning, thieving *****

I had a penalty notice slapped on my car for parking on a dropped curb. Bearing in mind the curb didn't lead onto a drive way etc I thought it would be ok to park there as there was not a sign anywhere stating otherwise. Obviously I was wrong and after a strong worded letter to the council due to my bemusement I actually managed to get my fine revoked. Miraculously it can happen!

Had somebody from work suffer this same unfortunate fate.

Well, same town, same 'crime'; his sat-nav took him into the bus laneduring a workday & he didn't know till the fine came, he'd never been to Reading before.

Unfortunately this poor bloke didn't get it overturned

Sorry but too many people blame Sat-navs these days.

Everyone knows you aren't allowed to go in bus lanes unless signs state differently. People should use their own brains rather than constantly rely on technology.

I've just landed a £60 fine for driving in a bloody bus lane in reading city centre at 01.15 in the morning, I was lost and never saw the signs aswell as it being dark etc

Now is this tough **** or has anybody actually managed to talk to someone and get this overturned?

Ridiculous that bus lanes are in operation at 1.15 am anyway -this country is really despairing at times.

Archived