IGNORED

9/11

Davros

I was watching the Newsroom at the weekend - the episode where they get Bin Laden, some of the reporters are stuck on a plane, arguing with the crew that as they had landed, they should be allowed to get off the plane etc as they had things to do - and they had that moment where they suddenly realised why the crew were so strict - it was only then that I remebered that 9/11 was coming up - it seems like a life time away that it happened.

Read a story today about a man who worked in one of the towers. He was having a bit of how's your father with another lady behind his wife's back and on the morning of 9/11 he was duly servicing his mistress. Without any media coverage of events unfolding at his place of work to his disposal, his frantic, loving wife was relentlessly ringing him to try and find out if he was ok. He eventually answered, so his wife asked him if he was ok and where he was exactly. 'It's ok honey, I'm great.. I'm right here at work in the office'.. Was his reply... At this point his wife was watching the news with both towers now crashed to the ground.... Is that so? You always get found out in the end!

RIP to those poor victims. Lest we forget.

Still worked for the Beeb - in the business unit - when it happened. Never ever heard a newsroom go so quiet.

One guy in the office happened to be on the phone to someone in the North Tower when it was hit. The line went dead.

We only found out the next day that the interviewee had managed to get out alive.

Archived