IGNORED

Price Of Football In L1

semblar

For some areas, City should be congratulated

ST prices

Only 3 teams have lower prices for their cheapest season tickets. City's price is £47.60 below the divisional average. Even for the highest ST cost (central upper Dolman for us), 15 L1 clubs have higher costs than us and we are just below (£4.10) the ave..

Matchday prices

More of a mixed bag. 10 lower than us on cheapest matchday ticket (9 if you try to buy in the last hour as Shrewsbury put their prices up an hour before KO) and we are £1.15 above the average. For the central dolman matchday price, we are 70p above the ave and higher than half the division.

Anciliary items

All the division's progerammes are £3

Our pies are slightly above the average (£3.00 vs. £2.86). Our cup of tea is also above average (£2.00 Vs. £1.73)

Overall Matchday cost

This appears to match Cheapest ticket, plus programme pie and cuppa.

City sit at 15th, £28.00 vs a divisional average of £26.44. Given the wide range of different choices on seat and what else you buy, I'm not sure it's the only measure which should be focussed on

If the equivalent cost (ticket + programme, pie & cuppa) was calculated for an EE ST, City come out at £18.22 per match, £1.65 below the divisional average and fifth behind Orient (£15.60), Coventry (£16.00), Bradford (£16.75) and Walsall (£17.92)

If the equivalent cost (ticket + programme, pie & cuppa) was calculated for Dolman C/D/E ST, City come out in 12th place at £25.17 per match, 23p above the divisional average.

My comment

This just underlines my choice to have a ST and bring my own refreshments :) The figures take no account of relative value for money (mainly dependant on what is on the pitch!) or facilities available of course but as many on here recognised when the prices were released, City really have tried to give a competitive price for the tickets. The refreshments are roundly panned by most as high cost and relatively poor quality - this seems to bear the objections out....

Here is the link for the 3rd division stats; http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23880129.

Can't help but cringe at "match-day experience" - apparently this equates to a ticket, programme, cup of tea and a pie - Pahahahahaaaa!

I have NEVER had a cup of tea or a pie at a football match. Have I therefore never had the full football match day experience?

I have NEVER had a cup of tea or a pie at a football match. Have I therefore never had the full football match day experience?

Perhaps not, but you have had a very lucky escape!

I've had a few coffees but drink them black with no sugar so you can't really cock that up,

City got there ticket pricing pretty much spot on this season however the board shouldn't stand still with this, as our wage bill starts to come under control they should reduce prices further they Ateyo really should be on par with the EE in ticket prices same with the dolman and williams,

only when our facilities improve should prices go up and then it still needs to be affordable for the majority

I've had a few coffees but drink them black with no sugar so you can't really cock that up,

City got there ticket pricing pretty much spot on this season however the board shouldn't stand still with this, as our wage bill starts to come under control they should reduce prices further they Ateyo really should be on par with the EE in ticket prices same with the dolman and williams,

only when our facilities improve should prices go up and then it still needs to be affordable for the majority

Agree with all of that, other than when we redevelop the gate (starting at the end of this season most likely) the prices in theory should come down, if the club can use its non match day revenue and get more people through the turnstiles due to better facilities on a regular basis they should be able to make it more affordable.

Yes they can, you will find if you drink coffee in different establishments that the quality can and does vary. If you only drink it black then that's when you can tell the difference, as there is no milk or sugar if you take it, to disguise the quality.

I didn't get a season ticket this year. The benefit is I don't feel under pressure to go on a day when I really don't feel like it. I have to pay about £40 in fuel to get to the game so I decided to give it a rest.

To be honest I have more money now rather than bitching when I spend £50 on a game for fuel, food etc.

Last season I didn't go to a few midweek games and felt guilty. This season, if I feel flush I can just go.

You pays your money and you makes your choice.

Like must be compared with like ...

Man City's cheapest was compared with Arsenal's most expensive which is an experience that includes a meal and half-time - you get it!

The Kidderminster pie at £4 is the most expensive but it is a bit like comparing the local chip shop with Rick Stein!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2222568/Kidderminster-chef-defends-expensive-pie-price.html

Yes they can, you will find if you drink coffee in different establishments that the quality can and does vary. If you only drink it black then that's when you can tell the difference, as there is no milk or sugar if you take it, to disguise the quality.

And the cat's pee doesn't come cheap, either...

I think it was Oscar Wilde who said "One should try everything twice. Once for the experience and once to see whether one likes it".

I doubt, though, that he was thinking of AG's catering when he said it. I would strongly advise against it, myself :nono:

Archived