IGNORED

The "bristol" Post

GrahamC

I see they have come out very strongly today and said in an editorial that the judicial review process is now "holding the city back" and of course they are supported in this view by George Ferguson, a man who fought against Ashton Vale and a Sainsbury's at Ashton Gate but perversely is in favour of building one on the Mem.....

Really strange isn't it, that whilst they'll do so for Bristol Rovers' interests that the paper didn't ever follow the same line over Ashton Vale?

There, a relocation (not a new build!) of a supermarket was also held up by protestors, some of whom shouted at and abused elected councillors to their face at the hearing, something else they neglected to report.

There were though numerous newspaper reports about the "intimidation" the protestors had allegedly faced, all completely anonymous, of course.

There were no editorials mentioning the wasted opportunity to build a stadium that the city could be proud of, though.

They also seem surprisingly unwilling to comment on the inconsistency of the protestors case at Ashton Vale now, which according to their own report will see them compromise and accept housing on the site but not a stadium, all this from "village green" protestors!

I do wonder why all this can be?

Rovers forums were full offans were moaning about The Post's over enthusiastic support of Ashton Vale at the time! I really do think the accusations of bias from both sides about the local media are nonsense. George Fergusons position on both sites however IS definitely confusing.

Ferguson is a politician.

Politicians sit on fences and fall to whichever side of the fence suits their arguments.

He's also an architect and business man. I wonder how many developments may be of "interest" to him in a non political way.

and the centre of his empire is in South Bristol, spitting distance from AG and a proposed supermarket.

As a politician all I can say is same old same old for Bristol, plenty of crappy little small projects for minority groups but nothing of what this city is crying out for proper world class amenities.

Bristol twinned with Bedrock.

I see they have come out very strongly today and said in an editorial that the judicial review process is now "holding the city back" and of course they are supported in this view by George Ferguson, a man who fought against Ashton Vale and a Sainsbury's at Ashton Gate but perversely is in favour of building one on the Mem.....

Really strange isn't it, that whilst they'll do so for Bristol Rovers' interests that the paper didn't ever follow the same line over Ashton Vale?

There, a relocation (not a new build!) of a supermarket was also held up by protestors, some of whom shouted at and abused elected councillors to their face at the hearing, something else they neglected to report.

There were though numerous newspaper reports about the "intimidation" the protestors had allegedly faced, all completely anonymous, of course.

There were no editorials mentioning the wasted opportunity to build a stadium that the city could be proud of, though.

They also seem surprisingly unwilling to comment on the inconsistency of the protestors case at Ashton Vale now, which according to their own report will see them compromise and accept housing on the site but not a stadium, all this from "village green" protestors!

I do wonder why all this can be?

They did support AV tremendously, at one time they were running a feature per day in favour. Strangely this sort of waned when England's World Cup bid failed :disapointed2se:

Rovers forums were full offans were moaning about The Post's over enthusiastic support of Ashton Vale at the time! I really do think the accusations of bias from both sides about the local media are nonsense. George Fergusons position on both sites however IS definitely confusing.

Shit, I'm going to agree with a gas head.

If both sets of supporters think that the paper is bias then they're getting it about right.

Words fail me when people bleat on about it. Don't buy or don't read it if you don't agree with. Especially if it makes you rant on the internet. Just a local paper.

Want to get Angry about biased media then spend the day watching Fox news. Truly amazing

Archived