IGNORED

Jobless Ex-City Players

foghornred

On the PFA website is a list of players who for one reason or another do not have a club and among them are some familiar faces,such as :-

Goalkeepers Lewis Carey & Adriano Basso,also Brian Howard, Jody Morris,Mathew Bates,Mark Wilson & Dele Adebola.

Its a pity as we know that some of them could still do a job at some level but they are in good company because also on the list are Carlton Cole,Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Julia Arca amongst others

Life can be hard for footballers who have been released especially the young ones but I think that people like Titus Bramble are asking for to much money,so players have to be realistic like Nicky Shorey who is playing in an area of the country and for less money than he would like but is playing for us rather than being on that list. .

I read that Adebola was playing for a non league side recently, was an article on the BBC football site about him.

Edit:

Link..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24036393

Dele Adebola? "After 20 years as a pro, it looked as if his career would end in disappointment when, on his first visit to Wembley"

Gave up reading at that point, as I think he's been before!

I read that Adebola was playing for a non league side recently, was an article on the BBC football site about him.

Edit:

Link..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24036393

That was a good read, I like it when players keep going even it means drifiting down the leagues.

I had a quick google to see when Chris Waddle stopped as he carried on and was amazed to find that he is still playing at 52! There's a man who loves the game, started playing professionally in 1978.

In 2013 after playing amateur football in the Sheffield area he came out of retirement for a second time by signing for Hallam at the age of 52.

Years Team Apps (Gls) 1978–1980 Tow Law Town ? (19) 1980–1985 Newcastle United 170 (46) 1985–1989 Tottenham Hotspur 138 (33) 1989–1992 Olympique de Marseille 107 (22) 1992–1996 Sheffield Wednesday 109 (10) 1996 Falkirk 4 (1) 1996–1997 Bradford City 25 (6) 1997 Sunderland 7 (1) 1997–1998 Burnley 32 (1) 1998 Torquay United 7 (0) 2000–2002 Worksop Town 60 (3) 2002 Glapwell 2 (0) 2002 Stocksbridge Park Steels 1 (0) 2013– Hallam 1 (0) Total 663 (126)

To think me or you would earn the same as them in a career giving the fact they don't go into coaching or another job, The reason they get paid more is because there careers are considerably shorter than anyone else's, So to every footballer without a club get on a normal job! Unless you used to play for pompey and they still owe you £££££

On the PFA website is a list of players who for one reason or another do not have a club and among them are some familiar faces,such as :-

Goalkeepers Lewis Carey & Adriano Basso,also Brian Howard, Jody Morris,Mathew Bates,Mark Wilson & Dele Adebola.

I reckon Basso is probably better than Fielding. I hope Fielding comes good and regains his confidence but he just seems to lack presence. Parish looks really comfortable and has some authority.

Shame about Basso. One of many players whose career nosedived after believing what an agent told him

Archived