IGNORED

For Anyone That's Interested In Ladies Football

Posset red

Bristol academy won tonight one nil against Birmingham and are currently 2nd in the league with a game in hand on leaders Liverpool who won tonight bristols last game is against Liverpool so if they win both games they will be crowned champions doubt that it will interest many on here but just thought I'd share my knowledge

Bristol academy won tonight one nil against Birmingham and are currently 2nd in the league with a game in hand on leaders Liverpool who won tonight bristols last game is against Liverpool so if they win both games they will be crowned champions doubt that it will interest many on here but just thought I'd share my knowledge

Should beat bottom club Doncaster in their next game which will set up the decider v Pool. Would be a massive achievement if they can take the title.

I keep meaning to go and watch them - my niece is into football in a ridiculous way - she knows a lot of the female players - it's strange as if she was interested in watching us play i'd take her to the very next game, but because it's the ladies playing I keep making excuses not to go - which I guess shows my bias..... must try harder.

I keep meaning to go and watch them - my niece is into football in a ridiculous way - she knows a lot of the female players - it's strange as if she was interested in watching us play i'd take her to the very next game, but because it's the ladies playing I keep making excuses not to go - which I guess shows my bias..... must try harder.

I should treat her to a Bristol Vixens game next season and you might be quite surprised at the standard.

They seem to make a fair number of pretty basic mistakes, but some of the football is still a very good standard. I've only been to a few games, but seen some cracking goals, as the Bristol women have some very good strikers.

Believe me, this isn't just a bunch of girls attempting to play football, they are proper footballers. The games I've seen have been far more entertaining than the $hite we had to watch last season, that's for certain!

I should treat her to a Bristol Vixens game next season and you might be quite surprised at the standard.

They seem to make a fair number of pretty basic mistakes, but some of the football is still a very good standard. I've only been to a few games, but seen some cracking goals, as the Bristol women have some very good strikers.

Believe me, this isn't just a bunch of girls attempting to play football, they are proper footballers. The games I've seen have been far more entertaining than the $hite we had to watch last season, that's for certain!

So what happened in that Cup Final against Arsenal on the telly recently , cos having been led to believe that standards had improved I was mildly disappointed at the catastrophic awfulness of the performances of both teams. Obviously Bristol were worse, but by half time I was ready to have my painted fingernails pulled out as an alternative.

So what happened in that Cup Final against Arsenal on the telly recently , cos having been led to believe that standards had improved I was mildly disappointed at the catastrophic awfulness of the performances of both teams. Obviously Bristol were worse, but by half time I was ready to have my painted fingernails pulled out as an alternative.

:laughcont: Can't argue with that mate. Saw them in the semi final at the Gate and they looked the part, but they got totally obliterated by Arsenal in that final and did look pretty dire.

Maybe nerves got to them?

To be fair, they held Arsenal to a draw away in the match before last and are above them in the League, so can't be too bad.

It's a funny old game this women's football, as it can be very good, but when it goes bad, it can be really bad, regardless of whether it's a top side or not.

Will hopefully have a chance to see them against the scousers to see if that was a one off.

:laughcont: Can't argue with that mate. Saw them in the semi final at the Gate and they looked the part, but they got totally obliterated by Arsenal in that final and did look pretty dire.

Maybe nerves got to them?

To be fair, they held Arsenal to a draw away in the match before last and are above them in the League, so can't be too bad.

It's a funny old game this women's football, as it can be very god, but when it goes bad, it can be really bad, regardless of whether it's a top side or not.

Will hopefully have a chance to see them against the scousers to see if that was a one off.

Yep that's fair. Have a lot of time for women's football as my daughter played for years and my office is full of her trophys. So pretty proud. Just disappointed that what I saw on TV was pretty much what I used to see when I watched her, and I'd hoped it had progressed a little.

Archived