IGNORED

Discord Amongst Tvgers

Rich

I know for a fact that one of the prime movers behind the TVGers, is not an Ashton Vale resident at all but a Southville green campaigner, who cryptically told me that there was another legal plan to scupper the AV stadium just after planning permission had been approved by the City Council. At that time I didn't know anything about TVGs but it was clear that the prime aim was to stop the stadium, and by default also stop the Sainsbury's at Ashton Gate. Of course we have all learnt more about TVGs than we ever wished to know since then.

And if anyone would like me to swear under oath so as to provide more details, I would be more than happy to name my source and the details.

I am afraid that there is a particular brand of intellectual snob in Bristol, green or otherwise, who feel that it is their inalienable right to enforce their opinions on the rest of us, using every delaying tactic that they can bring to bear. In the meantime, we slip ever further behind other cities in this country in terms of major developments that would be to the benefit of the city, its residents and the wider region.

I love this city but I do despair at its small-minded attitudes. Not for nothing is it know as "the graveyard of ambition"!

I hope you're right Dicksy. The tenor of the BBC report seemed to imply that, provided SL got a couple of planning decisions (presumably the AG redevelopment and possibly housing on the northern AV site) then the stadium plans would be shelved. We'd then just redevelop AG.

But the BBC report may not be accurate and no one's revealed what has been agreed so anything's possible. Maybe SL didn't want to risk losing at the October hearing being left with nothing for his investment; recouping some of his investment from selling some of the land for housing would be better than TVG designation for the whole site.

Can't see how the TVG'ers would agree to/not fight the stadium now unless they've been advised that our evidence is overwhelming and they risk losing the TVG for the southern part of the land too.

At the moment all I can see is a no win situation for everyone. The site is going to be built on, so its either a housing estate or its a stadium. Now, if they go for a housing estate then, erm, imagine how busy thats going to be for the residents? And with Ashton Gate being refurbished, them is going to be 3 times as busy as it would have been with just a stadium at Ashton Vale.

Mark my words, that site will be built on, if its not a stadium it will be housing. If its housing, both parties will lose. This is why I think a deal is being thrashed out. I think the Nimbys realise that the stadium is now a better option and they're running out of passion and drive to keep fighting. I think Ashton Vale will be our new home, its just a matter of when now.

At the moment all I can see is a no win situation for everyone. The site is going to be built on, so its either a housing estate or its a stadium. Now, if they go for a housing estate then, erm, imagine how busy thats going to be for the residents? And with Ashton Gate being refurbished, them is going to be 3 times as busy as it would have been with just a stadium at Ashton Vale.

Mark my words, that site will be built on, if its not a stadium it will be housing. If its housing, both parties will lose. This is why I think a deal is being thrashed out. I think the Nimbys realise that the stadium is now a better option and they're running out of passion and drive to keep fighting. I think Ashton Vale will be our new home, its just a matter of when now.

There's one consolation if they build houses rather than a new stadium there ......... more street parking on match days!!! :yes:

Archived